Dealing with Nigerians.

doczein

okay, i sold a pair of Nike SB Dunks "SBTG" which i wore back in my "sneakerhead" days. it turns out the winning buyer is from Nigeria. i'm a little hesitant to deal with this guy because i'm sure you all have heard about Nigerian e-mail and business scams and the such. anyways, somebody tell me what i should do about selling my shoes to this guy.

the original e-bay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150151964319&ssPageName=STRK:MESO:IT&ih=005

the buyer's profile:

http://myworld.ebay.com/serenaclaire/ (lists United Kingdom instead of Nigeria... wonder why)

the message the buyer sent me after winning the auction:

Dear Seller,

Am happy that i won your item which took me more time to search for and i will be buying it to my shop in Nigeria and i will also be giving you an extra bulk of 50USD for the shipment only down to the address below:

Name:Wole Adekunle

Address:No 15 Zone 3 Ahmadyya Mosque Aba Alamu Apata

City:Ibadan State:Oyo

Zip Code:23402,

And i will also be paying you via Pay pal and i hope you have my

word and i wait to hear from you.

PAYMENT VIA PAYPAL ASAP

Best Regards.

not really sure how i should proceed with this guy other than wait for a payment via paypal. what do you guys think.

I don't know. I'm scared of electronic shop lifting...

I got burned by some retard from the UK. Since then, I've only shipped my items

to canada and the US.

I bet he'll claim that the item was lost and do a charge back.

30$ int'l shipping sounds like a terrible idea.

if you want trackable means of shipping the shoes, it'll cost over 50 bucks to ship the shoes anywhere (except canada).

also, if the buyer's mailing address is different from the registered paypal, you will be FUCKED.

i.e. paypal will side with the buyer

Even though the buyer has feedback, it could be a hacked account, etc. considering the last thing they bought was roughly a year ago. I always get fake emails asking me to "log-in" to my account so scammers can steal my User ID / Password. Shit happens every day.

he probably isnt going to do anything so dont send it, report and unpaid buyer get your money back and relist. its happend to me several times where they bid on an ipod up to $3000 or some ridiculous price. just ignore them, they never pay. they will probably send you a spoof email that appears to be a paypal email confirming payment when in actuality they didnt pay at all.

they will probably send you a spoof email that appears to be a paypal email confirming payment when in actuality they didnt pay at all.

oh snap. I just remembered that my friend had that happen to him too! He got his information compromised. Was pretty much hell for him. Damn scammers.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:STAY AWAYYYY:eek::eek::eek::eek:

DO NOT SHIP. Paypal can show that the funds have arrived before the money has actually cleared. This is a scam that has been happening a lot lately. Paypal will show that the money has arrived, you ship the goods, then paypal notifys you to say that his funds were insufficient. And, just never ship anything to Nigeria. No internet retailer are willing to play with this crap either.

i have very good experience with Nigerians. This Nigerian sent me an email and asked my assistance in releasing some funds tied up in his government somehow and all i had to do was send him money and then he would split the millions of dollars with me!

now i am rich.

ps. if you don't do business with him u are a racist

it took me a little bit to find it but here it is.

THE NIGERIAN

n40011463_31035871_102.jpg

THIS IS THE QUOTE WITH THE FIT "

Hypebeasts, take note: The difference between me and the other people that I've seen with this shirt, Ron Artest aside, is that I actually fight people and make the shirt look menacing as opposed to the skinny bitches that wouldn't even throw a punch at their shadow if it was pestering them. I'm not a big guy, but you can look into my eyes and see that I'm not one to fuck with.

i have very good experience with Nigerians. This Nigerian sent me an email and asked my assistance in releasing some funds tied up in his government somehow and all i had to do was send him money and then he would split the millions of dollars with me!

now i am rich.

ps. if you don't do business with him u are a racist

too bad everyone else has recieved that email.