LOndon Calling 5EP's

priyadances

HEy guys if any of you live in London, get yourself down to urban outfiters in Oxford Street. Bought a pair of 5EP's for £90 reduced from £280!!!!!!

Without doubt the nicest jeans i have had for purest style and quality, no gimics (Have had Paper Denim, PRPS, DIOR), cloth is amazing, slight wash with greenish tint (Indigo dyed?), orange selvage. Straight cut.

Comparing them to my PRPS from winter 2004 season would say the denim is much better quality in a subtle way, must be at least 13oz but soft. PRPS has a far more detailed wash and finish, over the top, guess it depends what mood your in.

For pure fit i think DIOR's range of jeans cant be beat but i like my jeans kind of straight and bunchy on the bottoms, denim usually good quality too but they come up kinda expensive, the dry denims are £140 which i thought isn't too bad.

Anyway im digressing, can anyone give me some advise on breaking these 5EP's in. Not sure if i should wear them in a few months, try and get some lines in before washing or just wear and wash in the regular way. Anyone??

Quote:

HEy guys if any of you live in London, get yourself down to urban outfiters in Oxford Street. Bought a pair of 5EP's for £90 reduced from £280!!!!!!

Without doubt the nicest jeans i have had for purest style and quality, no gimics (Have had Paper Denim, PRPS, DIOR), cloth is amazing, slight wash with greenish tint (Indigo dyed?), orange selvage. Straight cut.

Comparing them to my PRPS from winter 2004 season would say the denim is much better quality in a subtle way, must be at least 13oz but soft. PRPS has a far more detailed wash and finish, over the top, guess it depends what mood your in.

For pure fit i think DIOR's range of jeans cant be beat but i like my jeans kind of straight and bunchy on the bottoms, denim usually good quality too but they come up kinda expensive, the dry denims are £140 which i thought isn't too bad.

Anyway im digressing, can anyone give me some advise on breaking these 5EP's in. Not sure if i should wear them in a few months, try and get some lines in before washing or just wear and wash in the regular way. Anyone??

--- Original message by priyadances on Jul 21, 2005 12:29 PM

5EP at Urban Outfitters?? whoa.

I've had mine for like 3 months now. The denim and dye is really durable. It will take a few months for any of indigo to even start to wear off. The denim is thick and will bunch up nicely at the knees and top front area. Important note: mine pair has stretched ONLY SLIGHTLY--just barely noticeable. Very unlike Levis or even what I have heard from APC. I agree with you about the quality, perceived weight, and comfort.

As far as tips on breaking them in? In my opinion, just wear them, and wash them whenever you feel like it. If you are particular as to how you want them to look, refer to the many threads on this board about denim care.

wtf urbanoutfitters carries shit like that.....i mean it's always been a kind of decent place for like sweatshirts for cheap and stuff li ke that and girls get like levi's premium or whatever. In the US it'd be great if they carried good denim brands.

you know you have to pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues

Urban Outfitters in the UK carries Duffer, Zoltar, Alife and a pretty good amount of other good brands. From what I understand the UK stores have a totally different set of buyers.

The first time I was there (the one in the UK) they had SSUR, Generic costume, LVC, Duffer, some crazy Evisu and lots of other stuff. That was in 99'

Well done cue!!!! Got the last 30 x 32 ones i saw. Let me know how you get on with them, can already see its gonna be uphill struggle to get real wear marks in them, denim is such good quality it doesnt stretch much or bleed any dye at all... just feel lke gold when you put them on, don't have 45rpm's but cant see them being much better than this, my PRPS from last season are more trendy but these are just quality!!! :)

the urban outfitters' in london are money. maybe better buyers? last time i was in london they carried mhi, levis red, redwing, edwin jeans ect... some real quality shit. back here in the states, you're stuck with shirts that say "everyone loves a little asian boy". i saw that shirt there once. true story.

edit: just read krems post and it was basically identical to mine. bleh. but yeah. the high street kensignton location always seemed well stocked... its in a pretty "posh" borough where the average age seemed to be around 57. no joke.

Edited by edwin on Jul 22, 2005 at 10:01 PM

£155 is cheap but the ones i bought aren't the dry ones, they have a greenish distressed wash, weird first jeans ive bought that have a wash and selvage. Does the wash make a difference in the price? Urban are usually expensive £280 is well over $500 and cant see them being that price in the states.

Quote:

£155 is cheap but the ones i bought aren't the dry ones, they have a greenish distressed wash, weird first jeans ive bought that have a wash and selvage. Does the wash make a difference in the price? Urban are usually expensive £280 is well over $500 and cant see them being that price in the states.

--- Original message by priyadances on Jul 24, 2005 08:33 AM

they are around 300$ in the states