Clark Wallabees - Beeswax style?

Guest Methimphibian

Guest Methimphibian

I need suggestions on whether I should buy a pair of the Beeswax material or a different leather/suede. I love the style but the main issue I have is that they seem to scratch up and look banged up super fast...

So I had two questions.

1. How's the beeswax material overall in terms of durability? Anyone with a pair care to comment or post pics of theirs? Easy to care?

2. I know they run bigger, but my size is right between a 7.5 and an 8. Should I go with a slightly bigger size and get a sole or heel cap? Or stick with the smaller even though you can see the imprint of my toe in the box, ha. I think they stretch out after broken in...

Thanks in advance..

i have a pair in brown oil leather... the more you scuff 'em, the better they'll look. check the "shoes get better with age" thread in the superdenim forum for some prime examples.

regarding the size issue... SIZE DOWN. i wear an 11 in vans, 11-11.5 in nike, and a 10.5 in wallos. it fits perfect, not too snug, but not loose either. your toe mark will be noticable no matter what size you get, so might as well get the right size.

allow me to piggie back on this thread:

is it possible to get the medium brown suede low top wallabees right now? i cant find them online anywhere, don't want the boots. im in portland if anyone knows a place in town. thanks omg lol ttyl