european and japanese red wings finally make their way to the USA

the_state

A few weeks back i posted an email that i received from a Red Wing customer rep, regarding the blatent disregard to us providing Americans with the European and Japanese Red Wings models. I was told that in August, Red Wing would start stepping it up and release some overseas models in the USA. Well the day is finally here. There's a few sweet models here that the SuFu Nation might be interested in, namely the Classic Lifestyle and Gentlemen's Traveler sets... the 9014's and 8138's are gonna put a hurtin' on my wallet when fall rolls around...

http://redwingcasuals.com/mens/heritage_collection/index.html

Maybe if you ordered from Dave's you could get it for less. I got my RWs from them and I don't think it was as much as MSRP. Plus, you could get to try the 875 and get your right size in the 8138.

red moon wallets?

try a japanese proxy.

better yet, use parachutes. he's fucking top notch.

no red wing makes these fancy wallets similar to Wild Swans/Red Moon.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm also trying to figure out what size I should get my Red Wings in. How do they compare in numbers to dress shoe size, or Common Projects, or anything? I hear they fit big in general.

some say size down a full size, others say size down a 1/2. either way, don't get them in your actual size.

I got tired of waiting for these 1911s to become available in the US and just went through Cultizm. Even with the shipping cost they they were only 205 USD compared to 240 for the ones listed on the Red Wing website. They got here in only 2 days from Germany. Should have done this sooner.

That was my plan too. What sizing approach did you take...the 1/2 or full size down?

Hm? I ordered mine from Cultizm in a US10/UK9 (same as my Doc Martens) but they came definitely way too large. So I returned them, and measured my docs, and they came out to be about 29cm long, and I asked them to find the closest match, and it was a their 8.5, which came out to be 29.5cm long.

So I'd definitely recommend sizing down at least 1. Unless docs are sized small?

Amazing looking shoes though, my new pair is coming on Monday and I can't wait for em.

Well, it was their 8.5 US Red Wings that were the same size as my 10UK docs, so it was kinda weird that the size difference was that large between my Docs and the Red Wings.

That is kinda weird. All I know is I usually wear a 9.5 in most everything, in alden boots I sized down to 9 and in these 1911s a 9 is just about right. An 8.5 might have worked but I wouldn't want to chance it being too small.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone help me out with sizing on the 1911's?

I wear a 9 in Wallabees, 9.5 in Vans Chukkas, 10.5 in Half Cabs.

I was thinking of getting a US 9, but will that be too big?

See if you can find a redwing shop in your area to measure your foot. I went a full size down in for my 875's.