Funky Rx Frames

dino might

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw these somewhere and thought they looked nice, but their website blows so i cant really find much out

Their website does blow. They try really hard to stay below the radar. If you're in NYC try Selima Optique (there's one on Wooster with the full range and there's another location a block away from the MJ store)

All Cutler & Gross eyewear is hand made (no molds). I have a pair of the clear horned-rim style. People constantly stop me and ask about them. They are definitley worth the upcharge.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest flashkobalt

They were $400 from Spectacles for Humans. Discounted by Demitri.

Were originally sunglasses. Popped out the lenses, made my rx lenses on the spot, came out within minutes and shocked everyone.

Hopefully get to run into him again soon.

Kinda wish I had the sunglass lenses as well haha.

Also

Thanks to the most selvedgeded person KIYA, for the birthday gift! Partial pay but I owe him still HAHA.

• 3 months later...

Whats the ballpark pricing for a pair of frames/lenses, etc at Spectacles for Humans? Im in need of a new pair of glasses real bad. Mines are really outdated, and all I wear is contacts daily now. Are the complete packages there reasonably priced? I understand its probably the selfedge for frames.

Ive been meaning to stop by, but Im not looking to spend around 600-800 for a complete setup.

At Spectacles for Humans you get what you pay for.

Top notch service, top quality and design, and a truly unique product that you won't see others wearing.

Complete setups can range from around $450 and go all the way up to $1000 or so.. Most hovering around $500.

Don't be scared, go in and take a look, even go someplace else and look, but you'll be back because you'll notice that every other optical shop is selling the same mass produced shit, and SFH is selling something with true passion behind it.

I love the place myself and buy one frame every eight weeks or so from them.

At Spectacles for Humans you get what you pay for.

Top notch service, top quality and design, and a truly unique product that you won't see others wearing.

Complete setups can range from around $450 and go all the way up to $1000 or so.. Most hovering around $500.

Don't be scared, go in and take a look, even go someplace else and look, but you'll be back because you'll notice that every other optical shop is selling the same mass produced shit, and SFH is selling something with true passion behind it.

I love the place myself and buy one frame every eight weeks or so from them.

Thanks for the info. I will def check them out sooner than later. Hopefully, they can help me find a pair, since I never really had a pair of glasses that I liked enough to wear more than my contacts daily.

alright, somebody help please. i liked the moscots, but still not exactly what i want.

wayfarer.gif

these.

thick perscription, clear lenses.

go!

I just got these with clear lenses, thee ladies have been loving them.

;D

Hopefully, they can help me find a pair, since I never really had a pair of glasses that I liked enough to wear more than my contacts daily.

Come in anytime. Sat and Sun can be hectic, but I'll be sure to find time to show you what we've got.

We are getting crazy shit from Japan in Jan-Feb, incuding some frames made of material I cannot mention publicly. Propodesign, SpecEspace, Spivvy and craftsman Yoichi's private line will become available in US for the first time. Well, except Spivvy, which is available at Facial Index in NY, it's parent company.