yes or no? / this or that?

chris

Looking for a boot for the upcoming winter

yay or nay?

timberland-abington-fall-2009-collection-4-570x267.jpg (picture by freshnessmag.com)

any recommendations for slim silhuette lace up boot?, would like to get a leather sole, but no use for this in winter

Thanks

I was looking at these brown ones myself, but 'd say nay. They're just not quite steezy enough. But I still haven't found steezy enough boots that I can afford that will hold up over a Canadian winter.

I'm thinking about getting a vest in a workwear-type style, considering a few options.

Filson wool mackinaw:

filson-wool-vest-242x300.png

In either grey or charcoal, not sure which is better. If anybody can comment on the fit, that would be nice. Seems like maybe the best value for a vest of this type.

Creep by Hiroshi Awai:

39616_1.jpg

A little more fancy (it has a tuxedo-style striped shirt-fabric back), almost too precious, but I rather like it (especially the wooden buttons) and it's not terribly expensive.

Shades of Greige:

workvest-216x300.jpg

Not as nice and kinda overpriced, but it has the advantage of a quilted lining.

Our Legacy:

1841143-rescaledpic-375x564.jpg

I really liked how this one looked in the lookbook, but on the model in this shot it looks kinda cheap (and is kinda pricey).

Wings & Horns quilted chambray:

25.jpg

I like this one a lot but the price is fairly ridiculous.

Sorry about all the large pics.

I'd go with the Filson unless you're balling enough for the Wings and Horns one. The Creep one would be so much better without that back.

Shades of Greige is pretty crappy quality and that Our Legacy looks like something from Urban Outfitters. I might be biased though because I want to hit the model in the face with a cricket bat.

decided on getting Shuron Ronsir frames

shuron.jpg

too many options

ebony/silver, ebony/black, black briar, or woodgrain?

ebony/silver

ebonyslippercatlg.jpg

ebony/black

blackchassiscatlg.jpg

black briar

blackbriarcatlg.jpg

woodgrain

woodgrainblack.jpg

temple styles: tapered or straight?

tapered

36285side.jpg

straight

36285sidestr.jpg

default choice, i am leaning towards the ebony/silver with straight temple... but for some reason, black/black looks real sharp too

decided on getting Shuron Ronsir frames

too many options

ebony/silver, ebony/black, black briar, or woodgrain?

default choice, i am leaning towards the ebony/silver with straight temple... but for some reason, black/black looks real sharp too

i have ebony silver with straight and they rule. pretty big lenses though, took me awhile to get used to.

Fred Perry Holdall

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001CC07VC/ref=dp_image?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&img=PT03&color_name=3

white/ivy/red/

or

Dark Chocolate/Blood/Coalsmoke

white/ivy/red is classic colorz

get that.

Visvim ballistic 20 or PS3 slim? ahahah

i haven't owned a video game console since the og Playstation and i don't really want to waste time with video games, but MGS4 and upcoming final fantasy look so sweet (and blu-ray player tooo).

bottom line is, i don't want to buy a ps3 but i will probably end up buying onea anyway, please convince me not to follow the dark path.

um....get ps3 at the very worst you still come out with a bluray player

i don't doubt i will like the games, i just don't want to waste time playing them. it's very likely i won't be able to control myself and skip doing REAL things for them, that's my problem.

Not sure which of these to get for winter.

Trickers Stow, dainite sole.

stowblack.jpg

Grenson Ellis, dainite sole.

507001.jpg

Grenson Fred, leather sole (I'd get a topy on it).

5068235bg.jpg

My preference is for the pair of Trickers, but they are more expensive than either of the Grenson pairs. I also prefer the Fred to the Ellis, but I think the dainite sole would be better than the leather/topy sole for winter.

Suggestions?

man, I have been having a similar boot dilemma for months now. I had a good look at the Grenson Fred, but couldn't pull the trigger. Trickers are obviously badass, but the price makes me queasy. Oliver Spencer and Rachel Comey are both making winter boots that are really nice-looking this year. If you want a traditional look, though, Pediwear has the best prices that I've seen on Grenson, Tickers, and the like. The Sharp model would be my pick. I've been looking at Aldens a lot, too. The custom stuff they have at Leather Soul Hawaii is nuts if you're already thinking about spending four bills or so.

First post here :)

I quite like this pleather jacket, wanting to avoid leather for hippy-veggie reasons, so this looks quite ideal. But I always like a second/third/fourth/... opinion. Yay or nay?

http://www.asos.com/Religion/Religion-Pleather-Nylon-Bomber-Jacket/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=691712&cid=1607&sh=0&pge=2&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black

image1xl.jpg

Also this :)

http://www.asos.com/Original-Penguin/Original-Penguin-Mr-Jefferson-Watch/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=590531&cid=5034&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Silver

image1xl.jpg