Kodak

Style Inspiration

is that Marcos? he looks more like a Junya Watanabe type of guy.

marcos.jpg

YEAH! that was the same guy! He modeled for the Barneys Co-op catalog and also appeared in Dior Homme s/s 07 collection i believe along with Burberry Prorsum for s/s 08.

ive come to realize that fashion bores me. that being said, i take my style inspiration from everything that i have seen up to this point, everything ive done, everything i have experienced.

what a cute little statement. fashions a bore, so you've drawn upon your life's total experiences to inspire a t-shirt/jeans combo every single day...?

as ordinary and boring as it sounds, it's going to be the same thing for me as it has every other year. picking out stuff that i personally think looks good, fits perfect, has nice details and is affordable. oh, and lots of black.

f

what a cute little statement. fashions a bore, so you've drawn upon your life's total experiences to inspire a t-shirt/jeans combo every single day...?
dude he dont want the fashoinista scene chixx rubbin up on him...

plus t-shirt jeans hard too look good in em most of time...i went to walmart to go to get my pictures developed and i saw some of the ugliest t-shirts and jeans there...(on the cutsomers and in the store)...that's the last time i go there even tho they gave me quality shots...

plus if u c abercromie kid walkin round wit abercromie n u dont like it u probably wont wear abercrombie musle fit shirts! i wont' lie im not very creative i just brand/designer-whore...

ive come to realize that fashion bores me. that being said, i take my style inspiration from everything that i have seen up to this point, everything ive done, everything i have experienced.

Pretentious?

i dont draw on anything consciously... i dont think too much about it at all. fashion, following designers, following trends, thats what bores me... i dont care about who put what on the runway.

Pretentious?

maybe... but is it better to base your style on your experience and ideas or someone elses

Hahaha, "fashion bores me, now let me go back to supertalk so I can rack up post number 2000."

Yes, I'm sure "everything [you have] experienced" is far loftier and more substantial than the mere plebes in this thread that are obviously not as worldly as you are, and must be forced to use the gaudy fashion industry for inspiration.

YOU ARE AN ICON OF EFFORTLESS STYLE, OH GODLY ONE.

i wasnt talking about anyone but myself.

what does supertrash and superdenim have to do with fashion?

sincity01.jpg

This shit must have been in my subconscious, because I've been wearing that exact outfit recently with a shorter jacket. Right down to the red chucks.

Hahaha, "fashion bores me, now let me go back to supertalk so I can rack up post number 2000."

Yes, I'm sure "everything [you have] experienced" is far loftier and more substantial than the mere plebes in this thread that are obviously not as worldly as you are, and must be forced to use the gaudy fashion industry for inspiration.

YOU ARE AN ICON OF EFFORTLESS STYLE, OH GODLY ONE.

You're blowing this out of proportion. cheep's comments don't imply that his experiences are in any way lofty or superior - only that he prefers a casual personality in his clothes to the more constructed looks that are displayed on the runway. There's nothing wrong with outfits that reflect rugged, everyday life; and it's only to be expected that the people who wear them are bored by the fashion industry. Don't get so offended.

I agree that people are taking the comment and this discussion a little too seriously. With that said, i do think that saying "fashion bores me" on a forum such as this (and in the 'superfashion' section no less) is asking for trouble. The part that kind of irritates me personally about cheeps post is this:

"i take my style inspiration from everything that i have seen up to this point, everything ive done, everything i have experienced."

Of course you do. Everyone does, whether they acknowledge it or not...

bullfighter.jpg

HOLY FUCKING SHlT

I never really noticed how awesome bull fighters look. It's like the ultimate in tasteful anti-minimalism.

Hot shit.

(except that they use some really ugly colors. Black, white and a tasteful accent with the same level of detail would be amazing.)

patrickbateman.jpg

You and me both. Patrick Bateman shits style every morning before his deep pore cleansing lotion.

three things have been recently inspiring me two of them have been older posts in the waywt thread and one is the brand material boy

chris

4xxcpcn.jpg

keagan

4p52ck0.jpg

material boy photoshoot

628yctt.jpg

so you want to be hewmiri? ;)

too much going on in his looks for me i have to keep it relitivly simple because i skateboard and can't risk ripping brank new Ann D or dior anything i like to look presentable but right now the most expensive thing i wear are my new standards and occationally some g-star pieces

name them in order i dont think i recognise a single one

Ridley Scott - Bladerunner

Godard - Breathless

Sergio Leone - For a Few Dollars More

Chan-wook Park - Oldboy

Bertolucci - The Dreamers

And

00023f.jpg

Franc Roddam - Quadrophenia (1979)

00020f.jpg

Wes Anderson - Rushmore (1998)

00003f.jpg

Richard Lester - A Hard Day’s Night (1964)

00001f.jpg

Federico Fellini - 8½ (1963)

00022f.jpg

Peter Yates - Bullitt (1968)

00018f.jpg

Antonioni - Blowup (1966)

And this was posted already

00005f.jpg

Jim Jarmusch - Stranger Than Paradise (1984)

Another photo from Breathless...

00019f.jpg