Fred Segal + Bloomingdale's

nappywun

Looking to show clothing line to Fred Segal, Bloomingdale's etc. Anyone have any experience with their buying habits? What works/what doesn't.

Or is it a better option create "buzz" w/smaller boutiques (eg. Prohibit, Atrium, Stackhouse in NYC) first. How did Triple 5 Soul do it?

Afrique C'est Chic

triple five soul have been around for ages. you need to start small and build up and if you are any good the big boys will hear about you.

if i was a buyer from bloomingdales i would want to know that a supplier can deliver what they promise - and if they have no track record then ... hmmmm

i think if you have a buzz out there and they like what they see, you should be str8 if it is what they are looking for. yea i heard some stores a lot of time department stores pay late, but i guess it all depends.

what is the name of your line by the way?

like someone said before me, make sure you can ship and all that too, it is all very important

fred segal is not in the same catagory as bloomingdales. most fred segal stores are made up of individuals who lease spaces in the store. so yes, it is not too hard to get your shit in there if it is real. bloomingdales-you better have an appointment at a tradeshow and your shit better be on lock. if they take time to look and it is a waste of time i bet your stuff will never enter that store. the only thing the big stores and fred segal have in common is that they dont think it is important to pay small companies. they are cock suckers about it.