Dope shit in Hong Kong

j zombie

Quote:

Yo, I'm heading out to Hong Kong for 2 weeks, and I'd appreciate if ppl could give me tips on dope spots and shops to check.

--- Original message by j zombie on Jul 16, 2005 12:41 PM

go to take 5 on granville rd, its on the second floor. its on the kowloon side of hong kong off nathan rd. its on the second floor next to japan retail corporatiion. aroun the corner, off granville rd on granville circle there is a little mall called rise shoping complex. its small, but has 5 floors there are 2 really good used denim shops with stuff from japan on the 2nd and third floors. on hk side of kowllon bay there is levis and hysteric glamour.

sweet-orr

Check out Patterson St, it has I.T., APC, Westwood, Stampz, Y3, ect. There are also some fun shops, galleries and restaurants in soho and midlands. Make sure to take the tram up the mountain for amazing views of Hong Kong. Have Fun. I am going next week for work, and love it every time I go.

Quote:
Quote:

Yo, I'm heading out to Hong Kong for 2 weeks, and I'd appreciate if ppl could give me tips on dope spots and shops to check.

--- Original message by j zombie on Jul 16, 2005 12:41 PM

go to take 5 on granville rd, its on the second floor. its on the kowloon side of hong kong off nathan rd. its on the second floor next to japan retail corporatiion. aroun the corner, off granville rd on granville circle there is a little mall called rise shoping complex. its small, but has 5 floors there are 2 really good used denim shops with stuff from japan on the 2nd and third floors. on hk side of kowllon bay there is levis and hysteric glamour.

--- Original message by sweet orr on Jul 17, 2005 12:41 AM

japan retail has cdg, uc and stuffs.. went up to check it but it was closed in the early noon.

there's a shop call trippy too. 2/f 55 granville rd. tsim sha tsui. t: 2724 8038 they have stocks of nn, bape, imaginery foundation, rebel and a few others.

and around that area they have shops selling vivienne westwood and juicy couture with 50% off.

and area 0246.. cdg and uc tees going for pretty cheaper than resale price in other certain countries.. they have some paul smith and bape accessories too and graniph.

and yeah rise (lay see in canto) complex has one shop call ATT. nice cuttings. local deisgners with influences like john galliano and helmut lang. room 403-4 4/F tel: 2368 8439

and btw.. G (ground floor) = 1st floor (for sg and some countries) or ground level with the street. and LG = B1 (basement 1)

and 1/F = 2nd Floor for sg and 2/F will be the 3rd floor.

and silvercord at tst mtr exit c i think has shops of xgirl, gdc, montage, xlarge, freshjive, apc, tsumori chisato, izzue, mastermind, carhatt.. and dmop (opening soon) and I.T. (which carries lots of designer labels like Y3, hussien chalayan, helmut lang, martin margiela, robert cavalli and lots of others

harbour city has hysteric glamour and all the big runway labels like ysl, dolcegabbana, agnes b, marc jacob, missoni, vivienne westwood n lots more.

juice (edison's shop) is in 53 paterson st, causeway bay.

comme des garcon store is in 18 kayip st. unit 1. in chai wan.

and check out shops like medium core which stocks devilock and mackdaddy and birkin shop which stocks some jill sander, miu miu. both in causeway bay.

Youth is something that the young waste

Thanks a lot guys, this info really helps.

Can anyone tell me which sneaker spots to avoid? I know HK is full of grade A fakes...

Anyone know anything about the Kee Club? I've noticed that they usually have some pretty decent DJs playin there, but the clientele looks a bit dressy. In all the pics i've seen, ppl are all rockin' smart shoes..

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Kee Club's food is supposed to be really good, and it's open to the public for lunch. I got this information from a friend so it'll be worth your while to double check.

Other clubs in Central which are Hip at the moment includes Hei Hei and Volar --- not sure about their policy but I think Volar's members only, but they might make an exception for you since you're a tourist :)

I live in Hong Kong but don't find much shops that are enticing --- I.T. group's put out a good selection of japanese labels, but I'd prefer shopping in Europe, or Tokyo.

This is all random.......