SuFu Fantasy Soccer/Football

polishmike

Season is almost starting so it's time for some fantasy football. Last year I did the ESPN Premier League but it's changed this year and I personally think it sucks now. Another one I did was Fantasy Premier League on the official site. I think that's the one we should do. I think a fair fee would be $20 and winner takes all. If we get more than 5-6 players we can have a little higher fee and have a second place prize.

I'm open to any suggestions. Let's get this going.

I already created the league so that's ready to go. We should decide who will collect the money, I don't mind but if someone wants to do it I'll gladly pass on it. We should also make it maybe $21 to cover paypal fees. We have 4 peope now, let's wait until Wednesday the latest to start.

i wouldn't mind collecting the money, but my paypal account is in CDN$ so we would probably loose some from exchange spread althought most predict the cdn dollar to appreciate a little more during the year so we might come ahead in the end.

polishmike, i browsed the rules real quick, but do we have to make a live draft (a single player can only be taken by one person)?

i wouldn't mind collecting the money, but my paypal account is in CDN$ so we would probably loose some from exchange spread althought most predict the cdn dollar to appreciate a little more during the year so we might come ahead in the end.

polishmike, i browsed the rules real quick, but do we have to make a live draft (a single player can only be taken by one person)?

ok sounds good to me. I nominate Kasper as the treasurer :D

I don't think we have to do live draft. Last year I did it and we had same players on different teams. You change the lineup every week before the first kickoff. Can you post the rule about it? I can't find it.

ok sounds good to me. I nominate Kasper as the treasurer :D

I don't think we have to do live draft. Last year I did it and we had same players on different teams. You change the lineup every week before the first kickoff. Can you post the rule about it? I can't find it.

looks like everyone can pick the same player, we're gonna have a free transfer every week or something. gotta check more in detail but bottom line is we can pick our player anytime we want.

i'm really looking forward to this althought i'm sure i'm gonna end up losing like it usually happen...

once we have the list of all player, i'll pm you my detail so we can work out the paypal thing.

i have received the league info from polishmike and will be acting as the treasurer. here's how it's gonna work. if you want to join, pm me and i'll send you the my paypal detail (i have to check out google checkout also so i guess that'll be an option as well). everyone will put in 21$, 20$ to be awarded as prize money and the extra $ to cover paypal charges (if google checkout is indeed free, then payment will only be 20 if you use google checkout). when i receive the payment, i will give you the league info and how to join.

league is gonna be winner takes all unless we are enough (more than 7-8) to award a smaller amount for the runner-off. we can decide on the exact amount when we have the final list of participants. i will be keeping the money until the season ends, i fully realize that this might be a trust issue for some and i understand their concerns especially after the SoS fiasco, but i have been on this forum for a long time, regularly hang out with fellow montreal board members who have all been to my place, know where i work so i don't think in the end it should be an issue. and before everyone ask, the reason we want to collect money first is that we think it's unfair to put the burden of collecting to the winner. plus it's only 20$.

anyway, i hope as many ppl as possible can join

I'm in need of some major reshuffling, 4 of my players are either injured or suspended. Man City looks like a good pick as they had a good start but Man Utd is really surprising me. I won the league last year relying mostly on their players. I'm taking a hit this upcoming weekend cause I have to drop players but I'm not gonna give up the top spot easily.