Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

I'm just wondering as an foreigner here. How much is standard to pay in a state as California? And what names are used to represent good weed? For instance in The Netherlands some strains are called 'white widow' 'NLX' or 'Bubblegum' to represent good quality weed.

dude this thread has 48 pages. start going backwards and stop being lazy. tons of info and strain names here.

No man, The Netherlands got the best weed. Buying your weed legally and the shit is perfect. Enough coffee shops to buy the shit and I pay aprrox. 6 euro's / 9.5 dollars for 1 gram of weed. The more you buy the cheaper it's gets. It's so fucking cheap that we put in one join .4 gram. Because the shit here is so strong we use a sigarett to mix with the weed.

The Netherlands definately has the best weed and anybody doubting Canadas weed status is a moron. Of course if you don't have a reliable source it won't be consistant but I've still gotten $25 eights for shit as good as the stuff I smoked in A-dam.

I just don't see how an ounce of PK is 220-260 in Canada, and in Socal it's fucking $380?

We still get all kinds of kush out here, and most of our weed that doesn't have a gay strain name is better than your himalayean gold and all that bullshit

The OG/purple/pink kush is the same weed whether in california or canada, but you guys sure do pay alot more for yours.

yes im doubting canadas weed. this is california we have the best. everyone says they have the best but we actually do.

am i right california? ask biggie he would tell you too...

alot of the dope shit we smoke was developed/crossed in europe, canadians have the same opportunities at getting those strains

while back

wheres the macro pics

yes im doubting canadas weed. this is california we have the best. everyone says they have the best but we actually do.

am i right california? ask biggie he would tell you too...

a couple of nights ago, my friend smoked some dudes from LA (who had been bragging about their og kush and shit all night) on a spliff of some $30/hq shit, and it put them all out of commission. don't speak on what you don't know friend, i've smoked a lot of bud in many different places on this earth and minus one or two strains from a'dam i will always come back to the canada bud.

The OG/purple/pink kush is the same weed whether in california or canada, but you guys sure do pay alot more for yours.

I totally agree. The most I ever have to spend to get weed like that is $50 CAN for an 1/8th and thats if I'm forced to do a mail order. Who cares about the strain name anyways? I've had tons of great shit where my dealer didn't know what the name is. A name is just a name. I'd agree that the finished product has higher potential with good genetics, but it really comes down to how good the grower is.

i think that most people in LA are not smoking very good weed, for sure. and the weed that i smoke definitely comes from norcal, that is also for sure. i pay 65/e because i go to a nice medical cannabis dispensary that is so otaku about weed they keep it all in nice temperature/humidity controlled wine coolers. they probably have about 30 kinds at a time and they are all top-shelf. the prices range from ridiculously powerful outdoor hindu kush for 45 to the most beautiful examples of og kush for 65/e. most strains, which they get consistently and are otherwise rare are like 50-60 (malawi queeen, ultrawreck, various pure sativas, some proprietary purple kushes). i think this is well worth it for the selection and convenience. i can go any time from 11-7 everyday. i met madlib last time i was there.

this level of quality cannabis is available in only a few places, i'd swaguess california, canada, the netherlands, england, spain. probably not so good access, though. i don't doubt that the best cannabis can be grown anywhere because i think the best is realistically all indoor anyway.

my only point is that this talk about "gay strain names" is just ridiculous though. differing ratios of cannabinoids and essential oils (which make up the active ingredients of cannabis) are what make these differences. some are closer because they share more genetics, others are different because they descend from another lineage.

and as domdomd said they are big business.

to illustrate...these pics are from a photothread of weed from my dispensary.

this is purple nepali

CRC-Purple_Nepalese_01.jpg

and this is og kush

CRC-FOG_01.jpg

and this is a pure sativa

CRC-Cough_02.jpg

nice pics!

although i feel the macro shots don't give a good view of what the weed actually looks like

Ive been to England before too, and from what I smoked (my buddy lives over there so we weren't gettin tourist pot) wasn't all that good. You basically had to put tobacco in your joints or else it wouldn't burn.

Dino what kind of dope is in your pics - is that god's gift?

Some crazy looking pot, is it as good as it looks?

I have to get in here for the who has the better weed where discussion...heheh it's ALL about the PNW! Washington baby, I know soundbomber and others know what's up.

In between Oregon and Canada - how could it get any better than that? not to mention the individuals up here doing their own things...

Up north in Bellingham we're seeing a TON of cali work bud...snowcap, lemon diesel, etc. It's good... but true stoners don't smoke that shit.

purple dutch - excuse the macbook pic. you really have to see, smell and smoke to believe.

MyPicture.jpg

nice pics!

although i feel the macro shots don't give a good view of what the weed actually looks like

Ive been to England before too, and from what I smoked (my buddy lives over there so we weren't gettin tourist pot) wasn't all that good. You basically had to put tobacco in your joints or else it wouldn't burn.

Dino what kind of dope is in your pics - is that god's gift?

Some crazy looking pot, is it as good as it looks?

ExileOnMainSt, first of all. Was the weed you smoked good or not? Because we also use tobacco in our joint because else we have to turn blunts and get to fucking high to roll the second one. We use tobacco because the shit is just to strong.

If the joint didn't burn good. It wasn't turned properly. My best friend always turns when he's here and he's like a jedi master in turning joints. If the joint is turned to loose and the tip isn't properly turned. the joint is burning to fast and you're loosing precious weed. A good joint is turned tight so you no weed is lost. I will ask him if he can write a proper explaination sometime.So i'm presuming that the joint wasn't turned that good and was the reason of the inburner.

Some pictures

Will post some normal joints this weekend of wednesday.

16052007377rz1.jpg

Frend of my little brother smoking some big ass joint.

Below: frend of mine turned a tullip with approx. 1.5 gram of weed in it, it's smokes very nice.

image039jv6.jpg

does anyone here always get blown off of one fucking hit? ive been smoking for almost 3 years now and a hit is always how much it takes. i smoke more, but theres really no need to. this happens to anyone too?

it's best to smoke as little as possible to get you high. keeps your "tolerance" low.

I totally agree. The most I ever have to spend to get weed like that is $50 CAN for an 1/8th and thats if I'm forced to do a mail order. Who cares about the strain name anyways? I've had tons of great shit where my dealer didn't know what the name is. A name is just a name. I'd agree that the finished product has higher potential with good genetics, but it really comes down to how good the grower is.

to me this is the equivalent of drinking whatever swill is in the well. not even acknowledging the difference between a charles shaw and a nice barolo?

are all dark jeans the same? is a finely finished piece of west indian sea island cotton the same as high yarn number turkish shirting? i am just as otaku about weed as clothes, if you're not that's ok.

of course it's all about the grower - to me, you either have to know the grower or know that your "dealer" is legit.

how would you ever get what you liked again? i guess i am lucky because i get to go to the weed store. before i had a dr's rec. i used to use a long established home delivery service with pin numbers and shit and was $180/q minimum but they had a large menu of consistent and excellent shit and i paid it happily because like i said before i don't mind paying for excellence. i like being able to smoke pure sativas all day and purples at nitetime.

i bet most of you mfers are smoking kifed weed an shit anywayz.

cpBzQI_7ez8

great piece by morpheus of weedtracker-

A brief overview of major cannabinoids, excluding THC, and the key essential oils of cannabis might be helpful to some patients. This article will be revised as I find new information to add. Much of the following was freely adapted from the book, "The Medicinal Uses of Cannabis and Cannabinoids", edited by Dr. Geoffrey Guy.

Remember, that I am not a doctor or a pharmacist and don't pretend to be either. Talk to your physician if you have concerns or questions about your use of medicinal cannabis. The following information is not intended to be prescriptive.

Cannabinoids are chemical compounds that are unique to the cannabis plant. "The Cannabinoids" is also the new name of Erykah Badu's band, but that's another story...

Mammals have two receptors: CB1 and CB2, in their tissues that interact with cannabinoids. CB1 receptors are found in the brain and central nervous system. It used to be thought that receptors and the compounds that act on them worked like a lock and key. More recent science indicates that receptors actually have a protein on them that interacts with these compounds.

CB1 receptors are also found in a variety of other tissues throughout the body including immune cells, reproductive and gastrointestinal tissues, the adrenal and pituitary glands, plus the heart, lungs and bladder. CB1 receptors are concentrated on the neurons associated with pain perception, both inside the brain and outside it. Mammals produce their own range of compounds, called endocannabinoids, which act on these receptors. The structure of these CB1 and CB2 receptors vary among different mammals, but not by much.

CB1 and CB2 receptors regulate the release of chemical messengers throughout the body. On the CB1 receptors, cannabinoids modulate the release of neurotransmitters within the central nervous system. On the CB2 receptors, cannabinoids modulate changes in the body's immune system by activating or suppressing their function, though the dosage required to achieve immunosuppression does not appear to be reached by high-dosage cannabis users. Both CB1 and CB2 receptors regulate pain.

The best-known cannabinoid is delta-9-tetrahydrocannibinol (THC), which is primarily responsible for the most notable psychoactive effect of cannabis.

THC is only one of over sixty cannabinoid compounds that are found in the plant. Other cannabinoids of significant interest to medicinal cannabis patients include cannibidiol (CBD), tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV), cannabinol (CBN), cannabichromene (CBC) and cannabigerol (CBG).

CBD is found in only a few medicinal strains of cannabis in the US, even though it is reportedly common in Afghani and Pakistani hashish landrace strains. CBD does not have any psychoactive effect like THC, but does lengthen and mellow the psychoactive effects of THC. CBD does have significant benefits to medicinal cannabis patients including sedation, anticonvulsant effects, and it is a potent anti-inflammatory agent. CBD is also likely responsible for reducing THC-activated anxiety in some patients.

THCV is also rarely found in California cannabis. THCV content is associated with strains from Malaysia, Indonesia and southwest Africa. Malawi strains typically contain relatively high amounts of THCV. Recent researchers state that THCV is not psychoactive, while older studies claimed that THCV was psychoactive but only 25% as strong as THC. THCV has been shown in early studies to reduce obesity in research animals and may form the basis of future cannabis-derived drugs. We haven't tried any high THCV meds to see if they can reduce our tendency to consume entire pizzas after medicating...

CBN is not usually found in significant quantities in living cannabis, but it is produced when THC breaks down after exposure to air, heat or light. CBN does have a slight affinity for the CB1 receptor, which means it may be very mildly psychoactive. But CBN does have some anti-inflammatory effects.

CBC is found in some Afghani and Chinese strains. It is a potent antidepressant in animal tests, but usually the cannabis plant does not produce enough CBC to make this effect very significant.

CBG is the chemical precursor that the cannabis plant transforms into THC, CBD and CBC. High amounts of CBG are usually found only in hemp, not medicinal, strains. It is interesting to note research has shown that CBG has more analgesic effect than THC.

The medicinal effects of the essential oils in cannabis have only recently begun to be studied, but may help to explain some of the variations in effects noted by patients using different strains of medicinal cannabis.

Linalool is found in cannabis, but also in mint and citrus plants. It has noteworthy sedative effects.

Limonene - associated with some Thai strains, limonene is found primarily in citrus peel. It has significant antidepressant & immune-stimulating effects in animal tests. And limonene is one of the reasons that OG Kush smells so good. Some people are allergic to limonene and should avoid using cannabis that contains it.

Myrcene is the most common essential oil found in cannabis. Its smell is like balsam shampoo and it's responsible for the "green" aroma of some cannabis strains, like our Ginger Drop. Myrcene has potent analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects in animal models. Our patients indicate that high-myrcene content is likely responsible for mood-elevation effects, though we need much more data before making such a generalization.

Pinene is found in evergreens like pine. Pinene was very common in Hawaiian strains in the Eighties, but rare today. It has anti-inflammatory effects in animal studies.

after several months of searching for a proper "connect" (meeting tons of bullshitters on the way) I've finally got some shit that will fit in with all the crazy strains being posted lately. northern lights, seeds from amsterdam and grown here in sweet home chicago, I'm picking up an O and breaking it down with a couple buds this week. will post pictures as soon as I can.