Seoul Hotel Quick!~ Near Samsung Metro Stop

Davidbaze

i just got back from seoul. had a great time. stayed at the grand hyatt in itaewon. really nice place. they had this executive bar with happy hour daily. the only shopping i did was at uniqlo in the lotte shopping dept store. there was also this cool store on the bottom called muji. picked up some nice shirts from there. also had some cool bags there. if your into suits, there's a saville row in itaewon. and hamilton shirts. hung out in the seoul pub and a place called gecko's, both in itaewon. was supposed to go see klute, but never made it out. also, made it to seoul tower which was nice. took a cable car ride on the way down from the tower. overall, great trip, a fun place and the food was great!

Hooker Hill is mainstay. You can't even consider yourself to have spent time in Korea unless you've had the experience of waking up to the intense midday heat or early morning cold, in an alley of Itaewon, with a black eye or two and a torn condom on your phallus and your wallet still intact in your back pocket but short of $200. The half-eaten stick of chicken/pigeon in your hand and a warm beer in the other is optional, but a nice touch.

Since we're talking about my neighborhood, I might as well point out that Seoul Pub and Gecko's are like the redneck bars of Itaewon. No self-respecting superfuturian would be seen in those places, yet alone enjoy them.