How do I keep my denim fresh?

Guest bed

I've had this pair of Levi's Red jeans* for at least a year now. They definately arn't as stiff as they used to be. How do I get them to become stiff again? I've heard people say use spray on starch on the inside of the jeans. Will the starch rub onto my legs? I'll be sure to post up some pictures of my jeans as soon as I can find my digital camera.

*ler0099a0am.jpg

*ler0099b3xw.jpg

*ler0099c3nz.jpg

for my project jeans, i normally spray the inside with some type of fabric freshener, i.e. febreeze...then starch the outside...turn them inside out and hang dry in the sun...this works well enough for me that i've gone for 4-5 months without needing to wash...

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

Quote:

for my project jeans, i normally spray the inside with some type of fabric freshener, i.e. febreeze...then starch the outside...turn them inside out and hang dry in the sun...this works well enough for me that i've gone for 4-5 months without needing to wash...

--- Original message by darknworn on Jul 11, 2005 06:18 PM

Thanks darknworn! I have a few questions for you:

What kind of starch do you use? Will it hamper the ability for my jeans to cure by means of wear and tear of everyday use?

i buy this stuff called niagara spray starch from a local drug store. pleasant smell and not too heavy. a can also costs less than 2 bucks and usually lasts for at least a year.

http://www.niagaraspraystarch.com/

the starch usually breaks down in 2-3 wears and i don't think it's a big hinderance to those desirable marks. if anything, it helps define the creases.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

i use faultless extra heavy starch - works great for a day - i just spray the outside heavily enough to soak through the fabric - don't worry about it getting on my legs - I go through about 2 cans a month - keeps creases stiff longer for more wear on those creases for more contrasting wear patterns.

603935_m.JPG

"Today's peacock tomorrow's feather duster. "

Quote:

i use faultless extra heavy starch - works great for a day - i just spray the outside heavily enough to soak through the fabric - don't worry about it getting on my legs - I go through about 2 cans a month - keeps creases stiff longer for more wear on those creases for more contrasting wear patterns.

--- Original message by deim23 on Jul 11, 2005 08:13 PM

that shit rulesss. i havnt even used my can yet, ive had it for like 3 weeks...maybe i should starch more...