Ato Matsumoto sneaker

Guest jmatsu
i thnk they resemble da rafe simmons NEXT LEVEL space shooz a lil bit...

newayz kanye iz ghey rite? but really i wouldn't wear something he wore in a video...it would invite a disgusting comparison.

btw 30,000 yen, thts like 3k rite?

i just don't get kanye. he should stick to just wearing lv backpacks and polo. it's like hes trying too hard to out do other rappers in terms of labels which many of them would find obscure. fuck it, he has to do something with all that money though...

i don't know what the exact rate is, but probably around 260-275 right now.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh, then it is worth it...that's like half a pair of rafe's...

i agree bout da krispy tho...srsly he shud wear: ed hardy, evisu, nike/bape, crooks, n wutever else is mentioned in "krispy" by tht one rapper...

my problem with kanye iz his weak raps.

Guest jmatsu
oh, then it is worth it...that's like half a pair of rafe's...

i agree bout da krispy tho...srsly he shud wear: ed hardy, evisu, nike/bape, crooks, n wutever else is mentioned in "krispy" by tht one rapper...

my problem with kanye iz his weak raps.

kinda off track, but i was thinking as to how and why he aquired these. japan has an over abundance of footwear/retail overload. ato matsumoto wasn't crazy popular in most jap circles or anything. my theory is that either some friend or stylist randomly picked these up on sale. what size is kanye? by racially stereotyping and by his many pics, i assume that he wears a big size. big sized sneakers always go on sale first in japan. i mean the value of certain nikes for example from size 11 are always cheaper (obviously the same with ultra small sizes). i can just imagine some one connected to him taking a vacation in tokyo, seeing this shit that kanye and everyone in their immediate ciricle never heard of, and fucking scooping them up (prob on sale). i mean i know you def like this kind of aesthetic, but does kanye? did atomatsumoto send these too him (i doubt it), or is he just wearing shit to front like he's some fashion guru ahead of all his peers? i mean who's he trying to impress. i see crazy obscure sneakers almost everyday, but it just gets filtered out, because alot of it is just meaningless now days. whatever...

kanye does show up at quite a few showz...i'll give him credit for staying up to date. he probably does have a stylist or sum shit lyk tht n yea thts kinna wak but jay-z does it 2 n still brags bout his clothez n shit...i lyk da message the "krispy" guy (i need 2 look dis dude up) had...b u n style on peepz.

neway, i h8 jap brands cuz they don't make their shooz over a sz 11...i usually wear 11.5 or 12. probably rules these out in general...actually most designer sneakers are difficult to find in my size, which is why i generally wear nikes.

Guest jmatsu

i mean the guy went from endorsing paper denim cloth and bullshit bad streetwear to dh and dries van notten. guy calls karl lagerfeld a living legend and shit.

there's just no consistency or even a smooth transition in regards to his wardrobe and lunatic statements. total 360 even after he had money.

pdc & bullshit streetwear wuz on like mtv n vh1 n all the kool ppl were wearing it...robin william is alife's #1 customer or sumthin. celebs r still wearin tru religunz...shit is BUSTED...but somehow every1 endorses so it's kool. i personally dun like his wardrobe nowadays...4 the same reason its not forced its just tryin 2 hard 2 b kool "yo imma wear a 400000 suit n pair it wiv sum JORDANZ...CUZ IM STILL STREET...from the SUBURBZ"...i dont even kno if there's anything 2 understand...perhaps hes just trying 2 keep a leg up on every1 n ur theory of having a shopper or sum shit is right.

Guest jmatsu

robin williams did comic relief and good morning vietnam, mrs doubtfire, etc so he can do whatever the fuck he wants. basically he's not faking the fashion funk. he's probably just some eclectic dad who spends his money at alife. i just don't like how kanye feigns credibility/label knowledge. seriously can most of his fans even relate to what he claims and thinks he likes besides the obvious crap?

Guest Airjamie

Its funny when you read the little thing on it too, it tells the brands of everything and when it gets to the sneakers hes all "DONT YOU WANNA KNOW" what a fucking faggot. Has them all undone and shit too looking like big grey bunny slippers and shit.

Its funny when you read the little thing on it too, it tells the brands of everything and when it gets to the sneakers hes all "DONT YOU WANNA KNOW" what a fucking faggot. Has them all undone and shit too looking like big grey bunny slippers and shit.
yo u mind scannin diz shit 4 a nigga?

kanye suffers from hood rich syndrome, and he basically lays his disease bare in the recent issue of complex magazine.

he's got the money, and all it comes down to is dressing differently than everyone else because he can afford to, without caring about whether or not a particular look is truly cohesive or forward or fresh.

theres some bit in the article where he talks about "branding myself with LV so that eventually i became that dude who wore LV, i was at that level, and then i could branch out into shit like CdG, which the hood don't know about."

Guest Airjamie
yo u mind scannin diz shit 4 a nigga?

I can rip the page out nesst time im at barnes. If you get there before me doh tha pic is in the "house nigga of tha year award" section. Dude legally changed his name to toby.

I can rip the page out nesst time im at barnes. If you get there before me doh tha pic is in the "house nigga of tha year award" section. Dude legally changed his name to toby.

u srs??? dam i wish i cud reed...

Guest Airjamie

This just in from AJs blacker than black housemates: "ey like Kan got that tooty booty son like he'd sit on dudes dick an thang" I guess that means black people in the south think hes a homo? I could see dude doing a video in some number nine bondage stuff getting whipped by old japanese dudes.

Graduation album cover leaked????????\

BondageBear.jpg

Guest Airjamie

U No U Reed. U All Fuckin..............all Fuckin........"dim Schmack Sneekaz Lookin Fresh Son Wif Alludem Oberallz Prints An Shit Like White People Will Totally Hate Theeze. All Calling The "where 2 Cop Line" All "where Doez I Get Dim Oberallz Print Tee On Page Twenni Sebbin Wif Dim Dolla Dolla Billz Allober It? Do They Sell It At Macyz? "

Guest Airjamie
Yo Nigga U Aint No me I Ball ALL DUNKZ n FRESH BAPE TEE...Dont Try 2 Ply Ur Boi...Holla @ A Playa.

OH DEM BAPEZ? DAT IZ DEM UUUH DEM TEE WHAT HAVE DEM LIL CARTOON NIGGAS AWN DEM? YUH YUH PAPA CRIPS FRESH WAREZ ON MAIN SSREET HERE GOT THEM...YEAH THEY MAD OFFICIAL AN SHIT TOO THEY EVEN SAY HANES ON THE TAG SO U NO THEY REEEAL LUJJURIOUS AN WHATNOT. THEY GOT XXL AND UP IF N E 1 WANTS PICKUPZ.

robin williams did comic relief and good morning vietnam, mrs doubtfire, etc so he can do whatever the fuck he wants. basically he's not faking the fashion funk. he's probably just some eclectic dad who spends his money at alife. i just don't like how kanye feigns credibility/label knowledge. seriously can most of his fans even relate to what he claims and thinks he likes besides the obvious crap?

Exactomundo. No, his core fanbase can't relate. It's easy for the majority of people to subscribe to some flashy, super available, widely bootlegged obvious "celebrity brands" such as True Religion, Paper Denim, 99% of US streetwear, BBC, Bape, and whatever. Because of the aforementioned factors surrounding such brands, they are extra accessible. Most people don't understand or want to deal with the beauty of small detail and quality...they just like what looks expensive (and the few who have the money, like spending too much on what looks the price). Look at all the younger "get fresh, get crispy" kids running around in Soho...it's cheap Levi's all week...then Antik, True Religion, fake Evisu on the weekends (more recently Nudies have been added...that's the fashion forward, less known brand with the kiddies).

All of these famous dudes have stylists who are doing their homework as stylists...whether that means constantly going overseas to hang out with foreign fashion people or to shows or on forums like SuFu.

A while ago, I was at BIG and we got on the topic of the stylists who shop there...you know...scooping up all the Samurai models for famous people, who you never thought would ever acknowledge such a brand (due to domestic obscurity and lack of that "celebrity flash"). I'm sure it's probably been revealed before...but the list of big time rapper/basketball player clientele is pretty funny. I think it's obvious that one of them is S. Carter's stylist. In short, Gordon made the point that, even with the looming possibility of enhanced exposure for brands like Samurai, it still wouldn't stick...due to the nature of those companies and the higher price range.

And kudos to onemancult for the "hood rich syndrome" statement.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I ain't a hater...I just shit a lot sondula. ChristDawg should spend alot of money on some oversized Dior Homme jeans and wear them like Kanye in that article...you'll be killin' 'em dawg!

I remember when I came across a picture of Kanye at some award show and he was wearing the Dior Homme parade/baseball jacket hybrid from SS '06. I posted the picture on Thefashionspot and people went rabid over the idea of Kanye wearing it. I honestly don't see what the big deal is about someone wearing a brand not as it's presented on the runway. If that were the case many of the clientel for said labels would be extremely slim (pun intended).

Anyway, I haven't seen this issue of complex, nor do I give a fuck what Kanye decides to wear. I personally like to find the redeeming quality in him choosing to don brands that the typical kid in the hood isn't seeing on regular basis. What might that be? Helping in the development of a taste that extends beyond homogenious look that probably dominates said kid's neighborhood. Sometimes the snobery of this place is laughable. I'm sure everyones been in selvage and CdG since they were fetuses, I know I was... :rolleyes: