virgin fest

poly800rock

• 2 weeks later...

sleeping is overrated... virgins aren't.

(translated: I'ma be there both days...North Stage on Saturday...debating the whole Police set are stepping off early to the South for Modest Mouse. Mostly at the South Stage on Sunday...after Wu, probably will head to the North for Interpol...never really heard their shit to be honest...but people talk about them a bit, so I'll see what some hype is about. Probably will end it with the Pumpkins...not a big 311 fan...then again I'm not a big Pumpkins fan neither.)

The Red Roof Inn is cheap...I don't know exactly where you want to be...but it's listed on the Fest's website. I checked 'em out and yea they seem pretty cheap. We're stayin' at the Microtel in Lindicum (pretty cheap and close by driving).

I'm in MD now...got in on the China bus from NYC..pure hell...but the hotel we're in is damned decent...just got back from some mean crab cake and steak/ribs. Watching the X-Games (BMX Big Air)...pretty crazy to see Mat Hoffman still at it.

Anyone who's attending tomorrow and sunday...do not hesitate to hollarado.

I probably will see you in VIP...I'll be with my girl...and it is too fuckin' hot for the Somets...shit I thought NYC was bad in summer...shit said it was going to be high 90's throughout the weekend...plus stormy. Army fatigue shorts and hanes v-necks all day...maybe a button up.

Leaving from N.C. tomorrow to hit up Sunday's festival.

Staying at a friends place in downtown Baltimore. Anyone know anything about the H&M @ Potomac Mills off I-95?

i live literally across the street from that H&M and that mall, and i can say with utmost conviction that i try to avoid going to that mall as much as possible. you're better off at a DC H&M, either the one on F Street or the one in Georgetown.

how ill was that beasties set...wow. they played a fresh balance of their hip hop, hardcore (very happy about that), and funk instrumental material...craziness in this fuckin heat.

Wu and Bad Brains tomorrow!

...oh and I'm still tryna figure out what the fuck is so cool about VIP...what the hell makes it worth the extra money? They DID give us free bars of Dr Bronners soap...(thought SuFu'ers would dig that)...but I don't see shit else that would be considered special (other than the tent near the stage for drinks and food).

Uhm...Bad Brains were ill...as usual HR was kinda in his own world...but they still killed it for an hour of straight goodies...pit in the middle of the crowd...and Wu Tang upped the energy even more...the crowd was basically EVERYONE in the race course...crowd surfing bedlam...shit was crazy...girls gettin' dropped on top of other girls who were too heavy to surf. Security was funny as hell fuckin' with the people...the whole Wu was there minus Masta Killa...but Street Life and Cappa filled in. They did all the expected and some unexpected joints like "Duel of the Iron Mic" and "Fish"...and a joint with Street and Meth.

Another thing I noticed...girls need to STOP od'ing with the tanning...there were way TOO MANY "mature" women who had hideous freckled-fried, unnaturally dark skin. Some old lady Floridian shit goin' on when they were anywhere from 30 to mid-40's...atleast they looked it, couldn't tell the difference...spaghetti straps were a terrible look for these broads.

Damn, if i knew more people from sf was there, we could had a session up above the soundstage. My boy had extra citi sky lounge passes and ended up passing them out to some random chicks right before interpol came on. The view from up there was amazing, plus a cooler of free beers and waters. Had a blast, got wasted, hoot and hollered. Highlights were Interpol, Wu, Yeah Yeah Yeahs (although we had to leave there set to see Wu), Incubus were good, Bad Brains were dope, Beasties were of the hook and the Pumkins were sick. The Police were alright but the chemistry just wasn't there. Got alot pics to upload later, took the day off from work to recover. Mad hot on saturday and the raw denims were brutal. Hope everyone had fun.

Another thing I noticed...girls need to STOP od'ing with the tanning...there were way TOO MANY "mature" women who had hideous freckled-fried, unnaturally dark skin. Some old lady Floridian shit goin' on when they were anywhere from 30 to mid-40's...atleast they looked it, couldn't tell the difference...spaghetti straps were a terrible look for these broads.

No doubt..

True...I noticed that to about the sound during the Brains set...it was a bit "sparse," but EXTRA loud...I don't know how else to describe it...certain elements of the music overshadowed others (in a not so ideal way)...almost an arena'ish effect...but it was still great to see them do it.

SO I can assume you did your thing on the bets?

And yes, the Pumpkins were ill...Sir Billy is a madman.

Where were all of you during the performances? We played the front side everytime...on Saturday, it was to the left of the stage...Sunday was the opposite. We were somewhat near the Bad Brains pit...but not to the point where we had to deal with elbows. The only crowd surfing that effected us was during Wu...I don't think anyone was safe at that point.

Ah, drove back last night from b-more at like 9:30pm - place i was staying near MICA was a 3rd floor shit hole with no AC, was like 100 degrees up there.

Girl talk/dan deacon was excellent

Matisyahu was good as always, almost better than Bonnaroo 06

Spoon was sick even though I was far away

Infected Mushroom was fucking amazing and the was probably one of my favorites

Yeah Yeah Yeahs I could have done without

Panic at the Disco wasn't bad - i'm not a big fan and never was but I thought they sounded pretty good

Wu killed it as always, except I was so far back which was a real let down. Saw them last year, and Meth was like "this was the best crowd we've seen" and I thought he meant it. Too bad he said "Virgin was better than Rock the Bells blah blah" which is bullshit. Oh well.

Saw bits and pieces of Interpol then peaced out, had to drive 5 1/2 hours and the girl was tiredddd. Overall pretty good experience, food was good. Really really really wish I had brought some bud though jesus christ...

If anyone saw me I was wearing a box cap w/ a lil asian girl on the side. Hah!

True...I noticed that to about the sound during the Brains set...it was a bit "sparse," but EXTRA loud...I don't know how else to describe it...certain elements of the music overshadowed others (in a not so ideal way)...almost an arena'ish effect...but it was still great to see them do it.

SO I can assume you did your thing on the bets?

And yes, the Pumpkins were ill...Sir Billy is a madman.

Where were all of you during the performances? We played the front side everytime...on Saturday, it was to the left of the stage...Sunday was the opposite. We were somewhat near the Bad Brains pit...but not to the point where we had to deal with elbows. The only crowd surfing that effected us was during Wu...I don't think anyone was safe at that point.

pumpkins were the highlight for me. the one thing i forgot about festivals in general was how exhasuting they are. We basically missed almost the entire first day. Which was fine, caught a bit of the police and left. Wu tang seriously killed it. And i'll even say Velvet Revolver killed it as well. Who knew scott weiland died and his sister took his place. The man moves like a woman, and he looked like he's been taking go go dancing lessons. Slash is amazing.

Yea...that's one thing I can definitely say as well...fests ARE fuckin' exhausting...day-longs are crazy enough...weekend'rs are a fuckin' long haul and a half. So you missed the Beasties!??!

na, i caught them. i've seen them a good 6 or 7 times over the past 15 years though, so no biggie. i walked in when they were playing sure shot