Sugarcane 1947 – The Broox Story

kiya

The reason this project ended at eight months is because we all felt that if he wore the jeans any longer they might actually start falling apart in places that would make repairs difficult.

What jeans did you replace these with, kiya?

The SEXIH03 prototypes.

Broox was the inspiration behind the design of the SEXIH03.. We worked on designing the placement of the rear pockets, the pocket shapes, and where the belt loops should be located.

Is that a cell phone fade in his left pocket? The reason I ask is if he's actually homeless how can he get a cell phone? It seems like I need to pass a background check everytime I sign up for a new plan.

Regardles, this pair of Sc47s is fierce. I think these pics made up my mind for my next purchase...

Is that a cell phone fade in his left pocket? The reason I ask is if he's actually homeless how can he get a cell phone? It seems like I need to pass a background check everytime I sign up for a new plan.

Regardles, this pair of Sc47s is fierce. I think these pics made up my mind for my next purchase...

MetroPCS.

:)

If anybody is interesting in seeing these in person we have them at Self Edge if you want to drop by and take a look.

The photos, while are good, do not do these jeans justice.

Awesome.

I've got a few friends here and they live outdoors by choice, like Broox. I don't get it, but it's their decision. All drug-free, all non-drinkers. Just a lifestyle choice that I don't quite understand.

I don't give a flying rats ass about how strong the honeycombs are or whatever...these are jeans worn honestly and fully. And that, to me, means a lot.

Well done.

Wow that's a really great project for a really great guy !!! Thats really intresting how Broox lives outdoors by choice that takes lots of courage. The jeans look great good thing pulling them out before you have to repair the whole jean ! Can't wait to see the next projects when they come to an end !!!

great story, i find people who choose such different lifestyles very interesting.. jeans look good imo

the front moreso than the back

what does he do with the money he makes from his job if he doesnt havea home to put anything he buys

what does he do with the money he makes from his job if he doesnt havea home to put anything he buys

no idea, but he should throw some of it at a Flat Head wallet to carry it around in. i'd love to see the wear he puts on one of those things.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

i don't expect to find much agreement, and i hesitate to write this as i rate kiya for all the knowledge etc he bring to this board (that's why i don't for one minute question his motives), but this whole thread bothers me.

it boils down to the fact that i can't look at any of those pictures without thinking 'Derelicte'.

the sentence "broox story, as told through his jeans" just seems so overly-dramatic and faux romantic.

yes, this guy has made a lifestyle choice...yada yada...but when i used to read all those lame arse comments about how 'homeless people must get sick fades haha...' i never really wanted to know the answer.

nathan barley, anyone?

i don't expect to find much agreement, and i hesitate to write this as i rate kiya for all the knowledge etc he bring to this board (that's why i don't for one minute question his motives), but this whole thread bothers me.

it boils down to the fact that i can't look at any of those pictures without thinking 'Derelicte'.

the sentence "broox story, as told through his jeans" just seems so overly-dramatic and faux romantic.

yes, this guy has made a lifestyle choice...yada yada...but when i used to read all those lame arse comments about how 'homeless people must get sick fades haha...' i never really wanted to know the answer.

nathan barley, anyone?

I initially thought this as well, but then I took it for what it was...an interesting, fun "what if" study. No harm, no foul. Sure, we can all look at these jeans and say "weak honeycombs!" or "not enough contrast on the whiskers!" but I'm sure this guy can take one look and remember those months he spent in them, good times and bad. So to him they may tell a story but for us on the outside, we can only critique the objective features of these pants. The rest is left to our imagination.

I'm sure each and every one of us has favorite articles of clothing that we wore way past their usable service life. To most they're just old clothes but to us they represent a lotta livin'. Even now I can think about my first pair of STF 501s many moons ago, it takes me back to my first serious girlfriend, working at Tower Records and getting stoned in the back during lunch, and all kinds of trouble my friends and I got into. Good times. So maybe the story isn't for everyone to know, but for this guy it's very real, and I can certainly relate to that. :D