Kapital jeans

iamstarwars

Hey Jon, didn't know this. I'd be interested in the years they made the denim, especially for the Jomon. I've seen a change in the denim over the years and expect Kapital was responsible for some of their best.

I can't really confirm when the change was made, but it was up until fairly recently (possibly as recent at 4 years ago). This was confirmed by 3 different people who have worked for both companies.

Kapital has no authorized or exclusive sellers or distributors. If they have a product promotion gig it is usually held in NYC at Battery Sr Ltd.

The forum has several mentions of stores carrying Kapital products, but the real stores run by the company have above and beyond the best service, and have intimate knowledge of the products, their design, and inspiration. I try to run my proxy business similar in service. That is why I only deal with a small hand-full of makers.

Thanks - I have Jomon from 04, 05, 08 and 10 and like the early denim best. The 04/05 is the perfect combination of texture and Ai. I wonder why they switched; change on the part of Kapital or 45RPM?

But the newer ones are a lot smoother compared to 06/07 seasons. Also the older cuts were bit roomy compared to 2010 edition onwards. Personal preferences of course :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

went to the Kapital outlet in Nagoya last month and bought a pair of TH STANDARDS(LADIES) オリジナルストレートCUT

some pics

DSCN7411.jpg

back

DSCN7417.jpg

back pocket with black tab

DSCN7418.jpg

label inside back pocket (flip side)

DSCN7420.jpg

label inside back pocket (front side)

DSCN7421.jpg

inside label

DSCN7423.jpg

top button

DSCN7425.jpg

coin pocket selvedge

DSCN7430.jpg

coin pocket with plain rivet details

DSCN7431.jpg

zipper detail (sorry, my hands are shaky)

DSCN7435.jpg

front (inside details)

DSCN7437.jpg

back (inside details)

DSCN7440.jpg

selvedge

DSCN7441.jpg

chainstitch (they use a union special in the shop)

DSCN7443.jpg

no felled seams on inside leg stitching

DSCN7445.jpg

this is a comparison between the TH (left) and Cisco (right)

both are the ladies cut version, the Cisco is currently in Nagoya where my good friend is wearing them.

b_f: thanks

藍染Jon: thanks for the correction, i tried on both the TH and Cisco. Th is more of a straight cut, the rise is higher than my other raws but the fit is great. Cisco's cut is fuller and looked really baggy on me. denim wise the Cisco is much more slubby, but both are great in terms of texture :)

will post a fit pic soon

b_f: thanks

藍染Jon: thanks for the correction, i tried on both the TH and Cisco. Th is more of a straight cut, the rise is higher than my other raws but the fit is great. Cisco's cut is fuller and looked really baggy on me. denim wise the Cisco is much more slubby, but both are great in terms of texture :)

will post a fit pic soon

Yeah the Cisco have a really nice texture, the NO. 2 denim is one of my favorites.

I am glad more people are interested in Kapital.

Haven't been to the Nagoya store in ages, makes me want to go on an all-store tour again... I really want to visit the Sapporo store...