Calling People of Bruxelles

kiteless

Dear all,

I am relocating to Brussels in a few months and will probably look into renting or buying a property there in the city or the burbs.

I need suggestions of neighborhoods to start look at -- what I'm basically looking at is a small townhouse/apartment/loft in an area with:

1) lively community with good independent shops and galleries rather than a 100% residential area

2) proximity to green areas (I'm accompanied by a dog)

3) relatively safe (as I'll spend most of my time away travelling)

in order of priority.

Think West Village in NYC

Thanks in advance

Not a Brussels native, but the area around rue Antoine Dansaert seemed lovely, devoid of tourists, but really close to the center nonetheless, lots of rests. and cafes with purely local crowd (took me and a waiter a while to translate a menu). Lots of interesting stores on that street too, most notably Stijl (#74).

Not a Brussels native, but the area around rue Antoine Dansaert seemed lovely, devoid of tourists, but really close to the center nonetheless, lots of rests. and cafes with purely local crowd (took me and a waiter a while to translate a menu). Lots of interesting stores on that street too, most notably Stijl (#74).

Do you know which area that would be?

Dear kiteless, I sincerely hope that you will posting up some interesting reviews on where to shop, eat and drink in Brussels. I haven't been there since 1997, but I'm under the impression that the place is a bit underrated by the members of this board. I love Antwerp, and Brussels can't be that much worse.

Please enlighten us.

(that goes for you too, dave023!)