black out evisu

witts

I remember an article in The Face years back about people taking off labels - the gull was one example, but they didn't say how ...

If you find a way lets us know - I like the cut but not the gull (too many Ali G wannabes rocking it in my neighbourhood)

Why? Cuz Evisu isn't as hottt now as it was when he bought them. Still pretty high quality jeans, though, and a shame for them to sit in a drawer because of the detailing.

I picked out my stitched gulls with a seam ripper. That was a helluva job, but worth it, I think, cuz I hate obvious branding.

As for the paint, I guess you could always stitch fabric over the pockets. That way, you could always go back in case you reconsider the gulls.

If you can get access to a dry-cleaning spray gun with dry-cleaning solution (I actually forgot the technical term, but they are commonly used in screenprinting shops to remove plastisol from t-shirts). THAT will remove your gull wing.

i went to work on them last night with some sandpaper and a screw driver....and it work, ive got most of the paint off so you can still see the outline of the gull, looks cool now

i wanted to do it not becuase your sayin evisu arnt cool. they are evisu happy pocket. so they have the same on the front as they do on the back, like a back to front effect and its alittle to in your face with all the gulls, ive still got them on the back i just took them off the front, ill try an post some pix, anyone got a link to a free image hosting site my usual 1 has gone down.

image_346_7245.jpg

the turnup picture was part of his signature. no need to get hostile.

thanks for the tip witts, though i'm having a hard time imagining what you'd use a screwdriver for.

my gulls are almost completely gone from washing, it also helps if you sit alot on rough concrete steps.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

enh I think flipping the pockets would be dope.

I would never do it and its clear the styles most of yal'l are working with here aren't mine, but within that genre it would be fresh because you'd be the only one who did it. Why distance youurself frmo evisu by gull-stripping when you can be more subversive with the logo flipping.

I'm not a fan of the cuff either, but if thats your style more power to you

Quote:

"is this thread about the size of my turn up . no... its about how to remove the gull from evisu"

EXACTLY, so why did you post that picture.

Next time stfu.

--- Original message by lv d0n on Jul 3, 2005 03:01 PM

Oh that was funny..

No but really guy

if you're going to wear a cuff like THAT with those sneakers

make sure you tuck it behind the tongue of your shoe. Thanks.

Quote:

the turnup picture was part of his signature. no need to get hostile.

thanks for the tip witts, though i'm having a hard time imagining what you'd use a screwdriver for.

my gulls are almost completely gone from washing, it also helps if you sit alot on rough concrete steps.

--- Original message by darknworn on Jul 3, 2005 03:19 PM

well i tried sand paper, a peice of denim, & a craft knife all to no avail, an i saw the phillips head screwdriver in the draw an tried it and it worked wonders

5178e05f27.jpg