does anyone wear their "normal" size in nudies?

thefir

im a 29 waist in regular jeans, and everyone always says to size down in nudies. does anyone here have nudies that they haven't sized down in? is it true they don't stretch as much because they already fit? i'm thinking about getting my true size for slim jims so they don't look tight, just slim...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i'm not wrong, size down by 2.

Yea, but you are kind of wrong. Unless you want ball-crunchingly tight Nudies, 1 is almost more than enough. I sized down 2 on my Even Stevens and they were almost ridiculous to wear.

I sized down 1 on my RRDG to a 31, and I like the fit. I actually like the fit of a 32 better (my "regular size") but I know the 31 will stretch to about a 32.

there's too many variables to have a definitive answer on how much you should size down. it depends on what cut you get, and how tight or relaxed you like yours.

but me personally, i sized down 1 on my regular ralfs since they are relaxed, and got my true size on slim jims since they are a slim cut already.

but me personally, i sized down 1 on my regular ralfs since they are relaxed, and got my true size on slim jims since they are a slim cut already.

thats what i like to hear. so is the waist working out alright on the slim jims? do you prefer the jims or the ralphs? i've thought about doing a normal size in slim jims or a size down in ralphs. i want to have a slim leg but with some room (not baggy, just relaxed).. but i definitely don't dig the tight girl-fit look.

Guest declasse

i am 34 in everything, so i got 34 slim jims, i am already worried about crotch tearing so i would not ever recommend to size down,

i am 34 in everything, so i got 34 slim jims, i am already worried about crotch tearing so i would not ever recommend to size down,

that always makes me want to avoid slim jims... but i had a 28x32 pair of thin finns i wore for 6 months and the crotch was fine... maybe its because of the low yoke or maybe i just have a tiny crotch... who knows!?

What you mean is washed denim, right? I have a pair of Nudies and PDC's that are washed, and I have a 33 in each. I have a 32 in my RRDS, 5EP's and KMW's. I take a 33 usually for washed jeans and a 32 for dry. If I bought APC's, I think I'd take a 30.

I bought my true wasit (28) in my slim jim dry black. They stretched a little but are comfortable and easy to fit in. It all depends though because sometimes a size change or two can change measurements drastically. I just bought a pair of grim tims one size down cause the only change was the waist while everything else measured the same.

thats what i like to hear. so is the waist working out alright on the slim jims? do you prefer the jims or the ralphs? i've thought about doing a normal size in slim jims or a size down in ralphs. i want to have a slim leg but with some room (not baggy, just relaxed).. but i definitely don't dig the tight girl-fit look.

i prefer the ralphs because the denim is thicker and ithey will last longer, and i think they suit my body style the best.

i went for the same thing as you, slim leg, but still roomy. and a sized down regular ralf will give you that. the slim jim is nice too, i got mine on sale for half the price i paid for the ralfs.

i am also curious about this... i have a pair of Average Joes that are about 2 weeks old that I sized 1 down in (to size 30) and the fit is ok... the waist hasnt stretched out enough yet for a fully comfortable fit but its not bad...

I think if you want a slim fit in your jeans then size down one or true size for a more relaxed fit... anyone agree?

In slim jims I would def stick to your true size. they are pretty tight as it is.

I am about to order a pair of RRDS so I am trying to figure out what size to order... anyone have any advice for me:?

I sized down 1 in my RRDS. The salesperson I spoke to said it'd start out snug then stretch out to a comfortable fit, but wouldn't stretch out so much that it's falling off of your hips. Just to be safe I'll probably wear a belt most of the time too.

IMO regular ralphs fit a lot better through the leg if you size down a bit.

heres the thing with nudie, there are a millon fits, its pretty much unnessacary to size down, figure this, there are nearly no fits as tight fitting as the tight long john or thin finn, and when you get your regular size they do stretch but not a ton(they'll stretch to fit you). if you size down in those they will bust into a millon pieces. if you want a slim fit but not with your nuts showing you get a slim jim in your true size and so forth. the reason the nudie crotchs are blowing out left and right is not just a big quality issue (which there is with their non selvage denim) but there is also a sizing issue.

just my two cents.

I have a pair of slim jims dry blacks, which I sized down one to a 29. I also have a pair of a Slim Jims Dry Greycast which I bought in my true size 30.

My blacks now fit like shit because I sized down. I sized down to a point where i had to wear my jeans on my waist to button them up. Since they were worn on my waist my jeans were very tight on the ass. So guess what? The ass stretched out a ton on my DB. Now they've stretched and I were them low, but the ass looks super dumpy and saggy. My greycasts look good because I started wearing them low on my hips from the start. And the back looks totally fine. I also wear a belt to prevent stretching.

So my advice is buy a size that is snug where you want to wear them. Say, if you want to wear them low, then buy a size that you can wear low from the beginning, but make sure they are quite snug in that place.

Goddamn I wrote a book.

with nudie you have to ask yourself, do you want 2% lyrca? do you want a fuckin stupid looking outseam? do you want a yoke that promotes an unnecessarily high waist or a diaper-esqe, i just shit my pants look? To me theres only one way to go with Nudie, a size down straight sven for a slim fit with denim that will show considerable wear in 5 months

On my raw dry Ralph Regulars, I sized down from 34" to 33" waist. I wish I'd sized down even more because after seven weeks they've stretched to the point where either they're gathered at the waist or sliding off my hips. A bit disappointed, I am.

I'll just have to buy another pair - something different this time.

I'm planning on buying some slim jims but i'm not sure if i should stay true to waist or size up one. I cannot imagine exactly how each fit will look since i've never messed with nudies. can anyone explain to me how it will look if i size up or stay true or is there a thread with pictures for this? I've also heard that the dry japans are not very stiff at all. which of them is the stiffest.

thanks a bunch:)