• Fit/Style
    • Quality of Denim
    • Branding
    • Celebrity Endorsement

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen these in Selfridges Manchester at £39 in the sale down from£139.Excellent quality denim,up there with the Japanese Lee/Levis,great fit on the straight leg in raw but just couldn't live with the logo on pocket,it looked like it was screenprinted,considered buying them and trying to remove logo but probably would of fucked them up.Jeans were top though.

Also they came with hidden rivets which I think were branded with the logo, showing good attention to detail but you gotta lose the pocket print / embroidery, it really cheapens the jeans,reminds me of some of those baggy hip hop jeans.

Seen these in Selfridges Manchester at £39 in the sale down from£139.Excellent quality denim,up there with the Japanese Lee/Levis,great fit on the straight leg in raw but just couldn't live with the logo on pocket,it looked like it was screenprinted,considered buying them and trying to remove logo but probably would of fucked them up.Jeans were top though.

Apart from the hidden rivets and the offset rear belt loop, I don't see that much difference between these jeans and Aussie Imperials. And 140 quid is too much to cop. 39 is better. Jgpp, is the sale still on right now? Do you know if they have any 34 left?

Here's a picture of the selvedge... What I don't understand at £140 they were on of the cheapest denims in that area compared to Earnest Sewn, True Religion and Rock and Republic and I know that my denim was better.... so why the price resistance guys ...

DSC00005.jpg

What I don't understand at £140 they were on of the cheapest denims in that area compared to Earnest Sewn, True Religion and Rock and Republic and I know that my denim was better.... so why the price resistance guys ...

At that price I can almost get a pair of Japanese raw Diors, not to mention a whole slew of other premium quality brands. The thing you have to realise, if your jeans are similar in quality and price to the big well known brands, customers are always going to choose those instead.

I think you should be prepared to take some losses when you are trying to tap into a market as competative as this one, make changes to offer a similar quality product at a lower price point while you are establishing your name. People here have looked at your jeans, given you ideas and suggestions about things that would make your product more attractive to buyers such as us. As far as I can see, simplifying the back pocket designs alone will lower your production costs and satisfy most customers.

Oh, and that hem stitch above looks a little on the frail side.

I agree with Comma H (and not just because he's a Sydneysider like me). You can't compare your relatively unknown brand with brands like True Religion (gah!) because 90% of the population is going go with the sure thing. At that price range 140 quid,(~AUD$320), you're well and above Imperial AUD$260, Nudie RRDS (cost me AUD$255), APC (AUD$170) which I think your brand looks similar to (it could be vastly superior, but I can't see that on a computer screen, and I can't feel these jeans in the flesh.). And that's only if you were competing against these brands, but you're competing against Japanese brands if ultimately you're trying to sell to people like us on websites like this. Your price is well above the standard price of Sugarcane, Samurai, Flathead, Skulls etc. etc. etc.

And yeah, you definitely ought to chainstitch those hems. Union special.

Thats what I meant earlier about the hem.... I knew it looked funny.

You must chainstitch. If you want to attract denim enthusiasts and not just fashion jeans wearers, they must be impeccible quality, including chain stitching. Otherwise people like those here will pass on your jeans certainly at £140.

The branding won't help either, Evisu are not that well regarded here. This is mainly because of the branding on them because otherwise the Japanese made stuff is good quality denim.

I'd say people who are just buying jeans simply for fashion reasons will pass on yours because they just care about the latest must have jeans and aren't really interested in selvedge and japanese denim.

Maybe at present you are stuck between the two markets, I don't think you can target both easily so you need to decide on one.... what do you reckon?

Invisible, I've seen the jeans and the quality of the denim is great,comparing yourself to Evisu might be a mistake as they are now a fashion label as opposed to the denim label they started out as,making good copies of vintage denims for enthusiasts in Japan.Evisu is not the hip brand of the late 90's anymore but something that can now be bought everywhere and is faked to death,had it's day. Quite honestly the only way I would wear True Religion ,Ernest etc or anything with a shit aged finish would be if you beat me into them with a large stick.

Get rid of the large in your face branding on the pockets for something more subtle and get some good independant outlets,UK,US,Aus.

The price could be too much for now,Sugarcanes retail for £160 and Pace of Sweden £120 in Manchester,Don't know how they sell though. LVC and LEE Japan £130.

Stick at it

argh! comma h beat me to it.

denim doesn't look slubby at all.

oh btw, where the hell can you get APCs for 170?

cactus jam is the most useless piece of overpriced shit in melbourne.

Take the denimbar 20% off coupon from Styleforum, add the overseas shipping ($20-$25) and then convert to Australian. Should get you round $170-$180 depending on where the AUD is at against the world currency. My bro's looking to buy a pair.

I don't live in melbourne, but I hear that Cactus place is the Calliroots of Australia.

Quite honestly the only way I would wear True Religion ,Ernest etc or anything with a shit aged finish would be if you beat me into them with a large stick.

Get rid of the large in your face branding on the pockets for something more subtle and get some good independant outlets,UK,US,Aus.

The price could be too much for now,Sugarcanes retail for £160 and Pace of Sweden £120 in Manchester,Don't know how they sell though. LVC and LEE Japan £130.

Stick at it

You could pay me (a lot) to wear True Religions (lol). I agree with everyone else, you're sort of stuck in the middle. To compete in price, you have to compete with the price one would pay over the internet to get yourselves international customers. Personally I like in your face branding, just take a look at Imperial. But Imperial can back up its quality and has the cult following on the net to prove it. You could use their approach into the denimhead market as a model.

Cheers jgpp63... Yeah I know it was a bit loud but that was to get the label noticed... Anyway it cracks and breaks up which looks good with time.. but I think they are nearly all sold out in Selfridges...

Did you also see our T-shirts when you were there.

I was planning on popping into Selfridges London after work today anyway. Will check these out. I personally think the pocket flap looks pretty good, but maybe just on one side rather than 2. Agree with everyone else- the lotus flower design is a bit OTT and that would definately put me off. On those jeans I would suggest either the same design but in a dark colour- black or navy, or a simpler outline. Quite like the selvage back loop. Would also like to see a straight fit with that detailing.

And definately need to be chainstitched, but with a variety of leg lengths

If you need someone from here to test out a donor pair for fading and general wearability i'm more than happy to offer my services :)

I'll give you my straight up thoughts. First 13.5 isn't very thick, its a little less than standard now for high-end jap denim. The denim looks alright in color (almost like a nudie greycast), but doesn't appear to have any texture or slubbiness. I can't comment on fit cause we haven't seen any on people and we don't know anything about how they wear. Denimheads tend to hate pocket treatments and I'm in the same boat. The fact that you guys weren't chainstitching the hem from the get go makes me a little worried about the construction... I mean even GAP has chainstitched hems! Also trying to convince us of the limited nature of your japanese denim isn't going to win us over very quickly... we're quite used to limited run denim at this point. Just look at all the SUFU contests going right now.

As far as competition... for skinny, straight, raw jeans in a 13.5 you have several competitors. Skull, APC, Nudie... every single one of them would cost about 100 us dollars less than your product. I wish you the best of luck, but I don't know man...

Hiya,

Had a hunt around. Found only one pair of your jeans (raw, stright cut) and did ask, but they had no shirts. Pretty good looking jeans but as someone else said- if you want to sell them as fashion jeans they'll do the job, but if you want to attract the denim nerds, and keep that price I think you're going to have to go for slightly heavier denims with a bit more of a slubby grain and definately a chain stitched hem. And tone down the patterning a bit.

On the whole tho- pretty nice and wouldn't rule them out as a future purchase if you make some slight changes. would have liked to see the pair with the pocket flaps.

Wish you very good luck though.

Martin

(PS- my offer to test a pair still stands :D )