stereo speakers

soundune

I'm piecing together a home stereo set up and have the turntable and receiver already purchased and am now in the market for speakers.

what i'm working with so far:

Numark TT200 turn table for playing records (no djing)

Outlaw Audio RR2150 Stereo Receiver

My goal is to set up a reasonably priced stereo system dedicated to music - i'm not trying to set up a home theatre system.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced (<$900 for the pair) set of floor standing STEREO speakers? Thank you in advance.

ciao

I'm piecing together a home stereo set up and have the turntable and receiver already purchased and am now in the market for speakers.

what i'm working with so far:

Numark TT200 turn table for playing records (no djing)

Outlaw Audio RR2150 Stereo Receiver

My goal is to set up a reasonably priced stereo system dedicated to music - i'm not trying to set up a home theatre system.

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced (<$900 for the pair) set of floor standing STEREO speakers? Thank you in advance.

ciao

i have a setup with b&w's and it sounds fuckin ace. i highly recommend that brand, i can't remember the particular model number of mine but they were ~$550 ea a few years ago. i'm sure you can get a better deal today.

speaker technology hasnt really changed in the past 30 years so you dont have to get somethin brand spankin new. most of the older gear is of great quality. depends what your goin for i guess. go to a local hi fi retailer and let your ears do the work.

I would recommend b&w's as well. paradigm are nice, however i prefer the smoothness and extended mid range of b&w.

outlaw just released a book shelf speaker you may be interested in. you'll really just have to listen to everything and buy what sounds good to your ear.

hey guys, thanks for all the replies. the problem is that I live in japan and don't speak the language well enough to get into something as technical as the purchase of speakers out on the economy. Also a lot of the speakers i'm interested in are only sold online so i can't check them out.

braidkid - so you know about outlaw? have you heard from anyone with their speakers? i'm in contact with a guy at the company and am trying to negotiate a pair of B-stock for lower price...

thanks again all

hey guys, thanks for all the replies. the problem is that I live in japan and don't speak the language well enough to get into something as technical as the purchase of speakers out on the economy. Also a lot of the speakers i'm interested in are only sold online so i can't check them out.

braidkid - so you know about outlaw? have you heard from anyone with their speakers? i'm in contact with a guy at the company and am trying to negotiate a pair of B-stock for lower price...

thanks again all

yes, i have the 990 processor and 7100 amp for my home theater. i've been very pleased by their performance. i've been curious as to how the speakers perform. i'm just a bit leary of 2 way designs and would prefer a 3 way myself. you can always try them and return if you dont like. other online speaker manufacturer's to check out are onix, rocket, and axiom.

good luck!

a good pair of floor standing speakers for less than 900 may be a tall order as the price point has gone north of 1k. nht used to have a good pair for about 1k so maybe you can work it out there. personally, i recommend getting a solid pair of bookshelfs and add a subwoofer later. for me the paradigm reference studio 20 v3s can't be beat, they should run you about 700-800. they have amazing bass reproduction for a bookshelf and with all due respect, i can't see how you can compare them to b&w. i have them setup with a mufi a3.2 integrated amp and it's magic

paradigms are usually sold by authorized dealers, who are told to not sell online.

Best thing to do is call a shop on the authorized dealer list and try to get it mail order, but you should audition a pair in person before you buy.