Coolest wash jeans ever

jjs home

I'm no denim junky or dry denim afficianado like many people here, but thsi wash on these jeans blew my mind

not dry denim, but cool wear out no them, most especially the back pocket, that had me rollin and sayin wow at the same time

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11483&item=3982599091&rd=1"]<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11483&item=3982599091&rd=1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11483&item=3982599091&rd=1</a>

[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11483&item=3982599091&rd=1]cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11483&item=3982599091&rd=1[/link]

are you joking?

looks like they didn't even make an attempt to blend those hige marks. someone just took a belt sander and went to town on the jeans. i'd be embarassed wearing those jeans around town. they remind me of the fake diesel jeans that are so popular on ebay.

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

to each their own again I reinterate I don't know what the purpose or dry denims or worn washes are, but I think a wrench worn into a back pocket is cool and interesting. I can understand completely if people don't like the style if they want purely nature worn looks, but to me those shits are just cool, no jokes aside. If our opinions don't meet its simply because we have different tastes I don't mean to offend anyone

if you check ringrings denim galleries you'll see that there are a lot of jeans that have worn in wallets, cigarette boxes, contact lense boxes, zippo lighters, tobacco cases, cell phones, keys, the list goes on.. you put the item where you want the crease and the marks to appear, while wearing them.

nbhd did a wrench, which was not worn-in naturally, but is nevertheless funny and interesting.

but the rest of the wash is too much for me. i prefer the natural look. besides nbhd has way better washes, which look not so artificial..

cool thanks for the info. I had checked smoe denim galleries you guys had posted on the board before. The wrench realy sets it of for me, which I have never seen before on those galeries. The extra washing is definetly extra and not neccessary, but I cuold deal with it, again that is just more my personal style

not feeling them. Neighborhood is a really interesting brand and they do a lot of cool stuff, but for me it's the same thing as with most Japanese 'streetwear' brands: I just don't 'get' half of what they're going for. Just by default, any Japanese streetwear brand i've ever come across is gonna be doing some wacked out stuff that's cool in Japan, but to me seems over the top. There's purposeful reinterpretation happening on their part, which usually gets lost in translation on me...

if you're really interested in these jeans, check out yahoo hongkong's auctions. they're much more reasonably priced there, even after you factor in the shipping costs.

i didn't mean to offend, just animatedly expressing a personal opinion. if you want to wear these, more power to you man. icon_smile_big.gif

"God is Dead" - Neitzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Neitzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

I would rock them, but its all bout balance. If you wear some loud jeans like that you'd best complement it with a subtle top or sumthin. Are the jeans are $800+ dollars? No. Ur paying a premium because its Neighborhood. I'm sure their are other brands out their that cop this style anyways.

I'd ROCK NBHD jeans, just would never pay retail for them.

jj, Mr. Dave Labels is picking me up @ JFk tomorrow, does he have your info?

I WOULD pay 900.00 for a pair of jeans, just not those. They'd have to be at LEAST older than I am (that'd be pre-1970).

hit me up: [email protected]

Edited by Blanc0 on Jun 30, 2005 at 11:20 AM

Edited by Blanc0 on Jun 30, 2005 at 11:54 AM

Quote:

I get the appeal of it, but honestly Diesel does that kind of thing much better IMO.

Check their wash 772. Not to mention Denim Gallery, also Eternal from Japan does great washes,

see their site at http://www.maeno.co.jp/eternal/eternalflame.html

--- Original message by Geowu on Jun 30, 2005 01:02 PM

of washed jeans, 772 is quite nice, but often really overused, i see so many people with the same zathan 772 all flooding out of urban....

the jeans above really have nothign that looks remotely attractive, the wrench is neat, but neat does mean anything....

hello, this is my first post here...names phil...

pixborder.jpg

Gotta come to jjs' defense here -- This board is dominated by the "natural wear" boys -- which is totally fine, (I broke in an APC and working on a Nudie now myself) but I think it's totally fine as well to like washed effects, no matter how ridiculous. I know that the "natural wear" look carries with it a lot of hmmm...respect? pride? shall we say? --->ie: It takes a lot of time, it's personal, more authentic yadda yadda. And I'm all for quality, long lasting material denim...but when it all comes down to it, it's just fashion...it's about how you LOOK. If it were really about long lasting quality denim then people would just be talking about the one pair they have. Instead people are trading tips about starching the inside of the jeans to keep them stiff but to allow the outside to wear, about doing 100 squats a day to wear them, about using sandpaper to wear them...admit it, it's mostly about how you LOOK in them. So if someone likes really outrageous washes or fake rips, more power to them. I'm looking at my collection right now and I love how I have the dry, natural worn "quality" denim along with the suped up Dolces with the fake rips. I love my dry worn jeans to death but when I go out, it's the "fake" Dolces that fit my leg and ass best and LOOK best on me.

yea, i agree.

it's very hard to have a pair of broken in dry jeans to really fit well on you, since they stretch and what not (prior to wash).

however, they are still great if you want a relaxed fit to go out in.

personally, I wear my dry jeans during the day and what not, and at night for clubbing I wear my pre-washed pre distressed jeans.

actually, to rebuff what i said earlier, i saw some more pics of these jeans in both black and indigo in the recent s/s 05 Neighborhood magazine, and they're kinda dope. The angular wear marks really seem more like a pattern than actual 'wear' (and i realize that 'actual wear' is not what they were going for in the first place)... anyway, interesting stuff, and that mag is dope (too bad everything's in japanese)...i'll try and post some scans at some point...

i've got that magazine... pretty cool stuff. some interviews in there that need some translating tho!

i dig the NBHD washes. but i won't pay $800 for jeans...

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.