what did they wear back in the day?

mizanation

yo blm14, i didn't know bobby hutcherson was so hip back in the day. he dresses much more conservative now.

i never thought of freddie hubbard as a dope dresser, to be honest. kinda regular jazz fare...

I kind of like that more old-school simple dressy style for jazz guys. Once you reach miles david after about 68 it goes overboard.

I have this one LP of hubbard's (cant for the life of me remember the name right now) where hubbard is sitting on a lip-shaped bright red couch and wearing a white suit and a white cap and he looks so pimp.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to nominate the pic of Steve Mc Queen on page 86 from Paul's book. I find that such an awesome and fun picture and fit.

And while everybody is now going to have a look in Paul's book anyway, I'd also like to call the Dorothea Lange pic of One Eye Charlie on page 25.

co signt on One Eye Charlie!

Theres also a great pic of elvis on page 86, and the cowboy on 57.

And those lumberjacks on page 21 are awsome (blonde guy is the definiton of swagger)... surprisingly modern fit on the denim, or maybe 47 style. So many great WDTWTs.

Great thread btw...

well, i put it here cuz i didn't want it to be taken too seriously. and i like it in the trash. it's like a second home.

I hear you. I like the trash too. its comfy.

jeez...

not even one fucking pic of paul weller?

Oversight.

Soon corrected.

The Jam, I believe:

j12001a.jpg

Solo:

j12006a.jpg

with Townshend:

paulwellerandpetetownshend.jpg

if anyone can find good pics when he was with Style Council, feel free to amend.

i cant find the picture or my copy but in paul t's denim book there is a picture toward the beginning, something like unknown native american in levis. i really want to recreate that look, it looks so fuckin awesome. if i find it ill try to post it.