what did they wear back in the day?

mizanation

i was admiring the WAYWT pics of Bill and Cotton Duck. i love how they incorporate old school steez in a modern way.

i liken this approach to fashion to the deadly, but fickle, efficacy of mr. miyagi's crane kick. as the wizened pugilist so aptly put it, "If do right, no defense." however, he should have added, "if do wrong, look so stupid."

it's tough to pull of right. when you do, you look great. if you do it wrong, you not only look like an idiot, but an idiot from another time. a time-travelling fashion idiot if you will.

which brings me to the purpose of this thread.

walk with me. pretend that people like james dean, steve mcqueen, bruce lee, jimi hendrix, slick rick, miles davis, basquiat, blondie, greta garbo, marlene dietrich, etc... are not only alive, but members of superfuture. what would they post in WAYWT?

let me start off:

bruce

bruce-lee.jpg

jimi

10204237.jpg

i encourage comments.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great thread miz and again thanks!

And agree on really not forgetting Bobo.

Anyway I was thinking about something not quite unlike this thread and I'd like to nominate the pic of Steve Mc Queen on page 86 from Paul's book. I find that such an awesome and fun picture and fit.

And while everybody is now going to have a look in Paul's book anyway, I'd also like to call the Dorothea Lange pic of One Eye Charlie on page 25.

McQueen would wear this, bumming around on a bike:

mcqueen-steve.jpg

And he'd wear a 3 piece when he needed to dress up:

mcQsuited-p.jpg

I knew there was a reason I wanted to get a snorkel parka (or N3-B)… (check out the size of that buckle)

McQueen.jpg

Then of course, there's Marvin Gaye:

MarvinGaye.jpg

James Dean:

Dean.jpg

Nobody wears a suit as nonchalantly as Sean Connery:

Sean_Connery.jpg