Guys who wear pants all summer long

Guest jmatsu

actually shorts are apparently "in."

there was a sufu thread devoted to shorts and if you take a look at recent fashion mags you'll notice that alot of labels' shorts are getting mad exposure.

we've gone over this here in the past but i just come from a long line of year-round pants wearers. it is against my nature to wear shorts unless i'm at the pool or the beach.

i will, however, be wearing shorts for a trip to florida soon, but i talked this over with some gods from the block and they're ok with me breaking the rules.

i have always felt two things wearing shorts, first being i feel like a little kid, and second i feel like my dad.

at 21 i am to old to do the whole "wear shorts because you dont know better" and im to young to be like "chevy chase on a family vacation!"

i wear shorts, but i would rather wear pants for this reason. when im old enough, i will fully embrace them because they will match with my greying hair and 5 year old son

Ever since middle school I've been a hairy bastard. Especially during that time when everyone is prepubescent and shit, I was embarrassed by my hersutism. So I'd always wear pants, all year round albeit they be baggy and not the sufu fit.

Even in the scorching weather in Vegas I continue to do this practice.

I have one pair of shorts and they've been worn maybe four times in the 3 years I've had them, only at the beach and once when I had the flu. In the past my reason was mostly that they look bad universally but I've seen some borderline decent shorts in the past year or so, so I'm willing to admit that the right ones could, theoretically, look good on the right person.

The heat has never bothered me though. I probably would have broken down and worn shorts if I really needed to.

I have been wearing jeans or pants every day for as long as I can remember, when I go drunken swimming I usually just go out in my jocks.

Its mainly because nice fitting shorts are tricky to find. But like jmatsu said shorts appear to be in fashion so that should change soon, or, when I feel like it I can make a pair or DIY sufu shorts from a pair of jeans.

Guest jmatsu
i wear pants all year round. Only time you see me in shorts is when I'm going golfing. And I don't go to the beach/pool, so you will practically never see me in open toed shoes in a public setting.

fade, you should start a golf thread! seriously...

fade, I wear vans to the beach.

I don't live in the sahara so I don't have the need for shorts. I'd rather wear a cool pair of pants like my white HMs or these new light grey margielas I got. If they're the perfect short, I'd consider it but that's the first problem and the second is I'm not going to pay that much money for them b/c they're not worth it.