BOYCOTT NIKE!!!

Selegna

they might not rock nike's, but the kids at the shows transport their drums and mesa boogie amps in their parents fancy SUVs. oh suburban hardcore livin.

there's always going to be a "special interest" group for brands like nike or starbucks.. sure, nike is a little off and lame to be copping minor threats art work, but what the fuck ever. shit will never be as impactful as minor threat. right?

oh what the fuck.

i like vintage rod lavers too.

dig.

Nike is like a bad zombie flick.

Nike can eat a dick. Sweatshop derivative krapola.

As for Nike X some overrated designeur: a color scheme is not design. an embroidered pigeon may be design, but it's not good design.

As for Nike SB, skaters should skate more and cop less.

"The Adidas on my feet are 3 years old"

Quote: Boycott Sal's? Man fuck you... My Momma raised me on Sal's famous I'm headed over to that mother fucker for a slice right now... String cheese head motherfucker!

Haha. Do The Right Thing is classic.

I could care less how Nike chooses to market SBs and Artist shoes etc. and that seems to be all you people here are fixating on. Nike is still dope to me and most likely always will be.

Quote:

TRY IT... (YOU WONT...YOU CANT...YOU'RE TOO WEAK..YOU KNOW IT..)

LETS STOP ALL THIS BITCHING ABOUT THE "MARKETING"..

"NOT ORIGINAL"..."REAPPROPRIATION".. WHO FUCKING CARES! BLAH..BLAH..BLAH...

WHY DONT YOU SELL ALL YOUR STUPID DUNKS, AND STOP BUYING/WEARING NIKES IN GENERAL THEN!

(IF YOU WANT TO FRONT LIKE YOU DONT HAVE DUNKS OR NIKES, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY)

HELL YEA IM BEING CYNICAL..IT KEEPS ME SANE..

DONT EVEN SAY "WELL YOU WILL JUST GO TO THE NEXT BIG BRAND" WHAT-THE-FUCK-EVER!

THOSE WHO EXPECT NOTHING ARE NEVER DISAPPOINTED..

BAREFOOT BITCH!....BAREFOOT!!!

--- Original message by Selegna on Jun 25, 2005 01:34 PM

no.

I think it's a well established, known argument (/fact) that Nike produces its shoes in Vietnamese sweatshops with minimum costs and maximum profit. Phil Knight is a billionaire. The athletes promoting the shoes are millionaires. The employees making the shoes probably work 7 days a week, at about $1 a day.

However, apart from a few classic models - Adidas, Puma, especially New Balance and the rest - wack all the way. :) Nike has the coolest designs, colorways and models; the most amazing ad campaigns and marketing.

Nike! Nike! Nike!

People have always been feeling NB as far as I know. It's classic, and one of the only shoes not produced in sweatshops. Stussy and MadHectic just stepped up the 'collectibility' aspect of the brand.

Adidas Stan Smith, Adidas Rod Laver both in my top 10 shoes, along with the Superstars.

Puma - I really don't like either.

But, at the end of the day, Nike is still the one I want to take home most often.

For me, personally,

I still wear Nikes.(I also wear Converse, etnies to skate in, and Asics to run in) I will still buy Nikes (although it's been about half-a-year since I've made a purchase - just haven't really liked anything and no $$$). I used to have issues with their child labor practices, but after 3 months of research, I've made my own personal conclusion that Nike has made a sincere effort to amend their ways, and has taken purposeful action towards bettering their practices. I agree Nike is a mega-multinational-corporation that has a LOT of $ and power. However, I also agree that Nike is in itself, a rather powerful marketing machine, trendwatcher/trendsetter, and an inescapable facet of global pop-culture.

Sure they stepped on toes with their Nike SB flier. Sure, Dunks are played-out. If you think Nike is an annoying trend NOW, it was also annoying when Jordans blew up in the '80s, when Air Force I's were huge less than a decade ago, and when Air Max's ruled the world. So if you're pissed about the "trendyness" of it all, nothing is new under the sun. Unless you were that graphic designer chick who got paid $20 for the "swoosh," it's safe to say that you weren't the first one to rock Nikes.

But in the end, all that really matters is, THEY ARE JUST SHOES.

thehundreds is huge.

www.thehundreds.com

Edited by bobbyhundreds on Jun 26, 2005 at 02:38 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^

well said, homie...

I wear and have all kind of kicks...except for reebok, they just suck.

-its just that NIKE make the best shit PERIOD. hate on them if you want, you're just wasting time...

shit, waste your time on EVISU and their made in china, hong kong jeans now THATS who you should boycott!!

sandbast EVISU jeans for $350??? WHU-WHU-WHAT!!??? LOL!!! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!! ban that!!

shit, waste your time on EVISU and their made in china, hong kong jeans now THATS who you should boycott!!

sandbast EVISU jeans for $350??? WHU-WHU-WHAT!!??? LOL!!! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!! ban that!!

Quote:

Second that. In fact, boycott, or at least contemplate nixing ALL sweatshop-made shit. What does that leave us with? Howies, Loomstate, Rogan, Kuyichi (have those jeans EVER been mentioned on these boards?), Kohzo, Nudie Veggies and a few other wickedly pricey brands.

Or, go the realistic route and pick up thrift store shit, donate to them in return, and spend your hard earned (Ha!) cash on something worthwhile, like travel, charity, recreational drugs, taking out nice girls and hoping to git some. What goes around comes around.

In that vein, bikes & boards > cars, thin > fat, veggie > omnivore, weed > tobacco.

why is it always one or the other?

theres 2 kinds of sheep in the flock. you're a trendwhore or one of those people who go out of their way to avoid it. either way you're the same fucking people. follow or avoid, these trends govern your life.

whatever happened to thinking for yourself?

90% of the people who are against the Major Threat poster dont even know why. 90% of the people who like it don't even know why for the same exact reason.

different sheep same flock.

snap out of it.

Quote: theres 2 kinds of sheep in the flock. you're a trendwhore or one of those people who go out of their way to avoid it. either way you're the same fucking people. follow or avoid, these trends govern your life.

How the fuck can that be true? Avoiding a trend means the rejection of only one of all possibilities. Rejecting repellent consumerism only means you spend your time and money doing things you find more meaningful. That's the point, in't?

^^^ very easy. i find a lot of people who pretentiously label themselves as "anti-conformist" or "anti-consumerist" happen to all look the same and buy all the same shit. like i said, im talking about thise kids that go out of their way to "avoid the grain" just to be "different". a lot of which are probably on this site. different scenester, same game. fucking cattle.

you know exactly what the fuck im talking about.

if you're one of those people who really just goes about doing/buying the shit you're into, regardless of whatever fucking bullshit ass reason or gay politic, regardless if it's "in style" or not, regardless if suddenly some "poser" is into your shit now.... then you obviously dont apply to one end of the bipolar extreme.

grey zones are a great place to live sometimes. cause at the end of the day who really gives a fuck?

Edited by Meth Huffer on Jun 26, 2005 at 06:59 PM

Quote:

I think it's a well established, known argument (/fact) that Nike produces its shoes in Vietnamese sweatshops with minimum costs and maximum profit. Phil Knight is a billionaire. The athletes promoting the shoes are millionaires. The employees making the shoes probably work 7 days a week, at about $1 a day.

However, apart from a few classic models - Adidas, Puma, especially New Balance and the rest - wack all the way. :) Nike has the coolest designs, colorways and models; the most amazing ad campaigns and marketing.

Nike! Nike! Nike!

--- Original message by Tequila on Jun 26, 2005 09:15 AM

yeh but if Nike payed asian workers what they pay US ones they'd be earnin more in their country than doctors and it would throw their whole economy out of whack. People would be like 'fuck being a surgeon, I'm gonna make nikes! ' Nike's not forcing any of these ppl to work in their factorys, they're giving em a job they wouldn't have had otherwise. Just my economic rationalist, rightist POV, to put up against ur usual lefty shit you hear in the left bias media.

For me Nike represents America and Adidas, Europe. I dislike Western Europe, Western Europeans and most everything they stand for most of the time (with the exception of the UK and Italian Governments). Until Europeans aren't pussies, make mine Nike!

I own 9 pairs of Nike and no other sneakers. I always have bought Nike (Waaaay before the Dunk craze) and always will buy Nike. Adidas will never go near my feet.

MilSpex

2000AD Hectic Homeboys Lace Themselfs on a Daily Basis

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

relax homey, the strength of your defensive response shows me you care an awful lot about what people think of you. so much that the opinions/actions of others swayed you to dump your little collection? that's dope bro. do you. just seems to me like you're looking for a trophy. and the way you describe it sounds like your reasons for even having a little collection to begin with may be suspect. sounds to me like you were looking for a trophy. get it? no you don't. let's not even go any further. sorry i brought it up.

but hey, what the fuck do i know, and what the fuck do i care?

hahaha, maybe im being a little unfair. just do you bro, im not trying to pick on you. my comment wasnt aimed directly at anyone in particular anyway. but then again, why would you even give a fuck what i say to begin with?

im just looking for the answer to my question, why is it always one or the other? everyone's gotta be HARDCORE these days. it's a MAJOR THREAT to my manlihood. god, my vagina hurts!

Edited by Meth Huffer on Jun 26, 2005 at 09:39 PM