What shoes/sneakers to go with the APC New Standards?

So, I'm going to get a pair of the new standards, and therefore I need some darker shoes to go with them, unless someone knows how to do miracles and keep them from bleeding.

I've currently got a pair of white Stan Smith's, a pair of Clarks Wallabees in a sweet brown colour and a pair of rather narrow Marc O'Polo "dress shoes"(not sure what you call them in english).

I could obviously wear the APC's with the last two pairs, but I don't feel that they're for every day use, and I like some more rotation.

Since the APC's are rather slim, I would need some low and quite think shoes, so that my feet don't look like they're out of proportion.

I've been eyeing some Converse European in espresso:

converse.jpg

and also some Converse Jack Purcells

converse68wht1.jpg

however, I haven't been able to find the Purcells in a satisfying dark colour or style.

The Maharishis also look awesome, but I don't think they're available in any darker colours.

I'm not only looking for sneakers though, I'm also looking for something maybe similar to these

52120045229165657217142_L.jpg

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, but remember, keep 'em low and thin :)

tally-hoo

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jun 24, 2005 at 02:50 AM

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jun 24, 2005 at 02:50 AM

i have he brown high cons. just nice shoes. they were on sale at footlocker 2 years ago for 20 euro..

jack purcell is classic...

why dont you try wearin fine elegant leather shoes maybe with a budapest pattern?? fits great to dark denim..

or try swear..they are sporty and elegant...

boat shoes = upper part made of canvas?

I've heard that shoes made of canvas are not as sensitive to raw jeans bleeding as those made out of leather, for some reason.

My problem has been that all the nice sneakers only come in white/light colours or only look good in them, for example Stan Smiths.

Mbrand: I actually have a special/limited pair of Vans slipons in brown leather, but unfortunately they're half a size too big for me, which makes it looks like I'm sportin a pair of canoes.

tally-hoo

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jun 24, 2005 at 12:07 PM

Edited by horriblyjollyjinx on Jun 24, 2005 at 12:10 PM

Quote:

white vans slip-ons, black chuck taylors. the classics. I like wearing white vans with raw denims. I like the blue ring around the shoe.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Jun 24, 2005 12:11 PM

Are the Vans canvas or leather? Could you show some pictures of your bled-on Vans, I'm thinking the bleeding could be a just as nice sign of wear as the creases and lighter parts of a pair of APC's but I haven't actually seen it yet so I don't know.

If it looks good, I'll probably get a pair of white canvas Purcells, and another pair of darker shoes too, since the Purcells are so cheap.

tally-hoo

Quote:

I dont have a camera and its a bitch to get access to one.. but go to www.bluebloodbrand.com and go through the site, they show some Nikes with blue bleeding onto them. Also, the vans slipons are canvas.

--- Original message by wild_whiskey on Jun 24, 2005 01:01 PM

Okay, thanks anyway. I think I'll get a pair of Purcells in canvas then, and make them my bleed-on shoes and keep my stan smiths white, or at least not blue.

I'm still looking for more suggestions though, since the Purcells are so cheap! :)

tally-hoo