Queens of the Stone Age...wow...

Guest StuckOnStupid

Guest StuckOnStupid

i just heard through the winevine that Jesse Keeler of Death from Above is tentatively joining the band as a bass player.

This is fucking huge if its true, any fans know shit about this?

close, but no cigar.

he's been asked to play some dates with queens, but he has not given a definite answer - this is similar to his missing out on the recording of Era Vulgaris because of prior engagements (breaking up DFA79, getting MSTRKRFT running). there is no word on yes or no, hopefully yes, cause it would be damn cool. but queens just inagurated a new bassist, who from recent show reports, is pretty damn good at what he does. apparently though, josh homme is planning to do some remix's w/ MSTRKRFT as well as a new U.N.K.L.E. mix.

fun fact: jesse keeler gave queens the moog line in the beginning of "Turnin' on the Screw" - Troy then augmented it with Trent Reznor. also Trent Reznor appears on the B-side "Era Vulgaris" on vocals/moog

i'm a queens head.

Guest StuckOnStupid

jesse & sebastian are/were aquaintances of mine, but i havent seen jesse much since dfa broke up. i saw sebastian recently at a diner, but i wasnt about to be like "yeah word so whats JESSE doing...". anyhow, i just got the new queens shit, havent had a chance to check it, but the single is dope.

jesse & sebastian are/were aquaintances of mine, but i havent seen jesse much since dfa broke up. i saw sebastian recently at a diner, but i wasnt about to be like "yeah word so whats JESSE doing...". anyhow, i just got the new queens shit, havent had a chance to check it, but the single is dope.

A) listen to it stoned the first time B) listen to it tripping

then listen to it sober to dissect. its a very multidimensional album. i gobbled some malli before i listened to it the second time, and there are things you wouldnt believe. its damn good, far removed from the S/T heavy sound (which i attribute to his switching to semi-hollow bodied guitars, and not using the Ovation at all anymore, among other thigns), but is heavy in atmosphere, much more dense and accessible and generally smartly written, more so than Lullabies