Pop music saved my life

Guest StuckOnStupid

Guest StuckOnStupid

okay it didn't save my life. but it didnt ruin anyone's life either. Rap music kind of ruined my life, but that's another story.

What kind of boring, joyless, pretentious bitch doesn't like some well made verse-chorus-verse? 3 minutes and 46 seconds of feel-good chords, soaring harmonies, and infectious hooks? I don't mean Ricky Martin or whatever, but if that's who blows yr skirt up, then its cool with me! You know what made me post this thread? The song "Otherside" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Specifically the 3 part harmonies that begin precisely at 3:28. Holy shit, it's like there is a scientific formula of notes that makes you start trying to harmonize along. It's great. It's really easy to shit all over this band for myriad reasons, but when they are on, they are fucking BULLSEYE accurate in making a song that you will probly be singing along to 10-15 years later. case in point, I remember i got their "Mother's Milk" album when i was 12. 16 years later and i still think "Knock Me Down" is one of the most touching songs about drugs, ever. And really, John Frusciante is one of the best guitar players alive on the planet today. Im dead ass, hes fucking good.

And shit, dont even get me started on my deep love of 80s jams...good lord.

Who's with me on music that is fun and that you can play that will make girls happy and think you are a fun, unpretentious, potential lay?

Who's with me on music that is fun and that you can play that will make girls happy and think you are a fun, unpretentious, potential lay?

The Postal Service. At least high school through college, where i'm at, nothing makes you more of a potential lay than enjoying Gibbard.

Also, i really like the pop influence on Animal Collective circa Feels. Here Comes the Indian and Spirit They've Gone, Spirit They've Vanished are always the gold standard for all things Avey Tare and Panda Bear related, but damn, songs like Grass and Who Could Win a Rabbit are so infectious and exciting.

Yes.

Me and SoS have this song we play, it convinces ladies to let us run train.

We'll never reveal what it is.

hells yeah. i love pop music. completely underrated and shitted on by music snobs who don't know the real. pop, in its highest forms is beautiful, well-written, well-produced and can often achieve greatness.

tears for fears

genesis

stone temple pilots

morrisey

rhcp

and so on...

Guest StuckOnStupid

that's the spirit! see, i didnt necessarily mean what is currently on the radio, but just artists with that pop sensibility. i hate motherfuckers who just shit on music that is catchy and fun and cool. the people who seem to hate it the most are either: A:people who consider themselves "musicologists" of some kind but couldnt strum an F chord with a gun to their head, or B: people who are in a band that people on myspace don't even like.

My friend (who coincidentally plays pop music...and double coinkidink....Played with your precious Virgins no too long ago) has a message on his itunes from said guitarist of said band (the peps) that is one of the funniest messages I have heard in my life.

It's made even funnier by the fact that I've known him (friend, not John frusciante) since day dot, and we used to mosh around his living room to RHCP wearing matching spikey legion of doom shoulder pads at age eight.

variety is the spice of life...

shitty, mass produced, regurgitated, by the numbers pop music can be extremely enjoyable...listening to 'cool' music you need to actually think about all the time is boring....it's nice just to enjoy music for what it is, and not try to over-intellectualise shit that is only there to be fun.

Guest StuckOnStupid
hells yeah. i love pop music. completely underrated and shitted on by music snobs who don't know the real. pop, in its highest forms is beautiful, well-written, well-produced and can often achieve greatness.

tears for fears

genesis

stone temple pilots

morrisey

rhcp

and so on...

oh man STP is the shit, "Big Bang Baby" is all the best parts of cocaine, in song form.

"Interstate Love Song" is a good one, too.

Guest StuckOnStupid
My friend (who coincidentally plays pop music...and double coinkidink....Played with your precious Virgins no too long ago) has a message on his itunes from said guitarist of said band (the peps) that is one of the funniest messages I have heard in my life.

It's made even funnier by the fact that I've known him (friend, not John frusciante) since day dot, and we used to mosh around his living room to RHCP wearing matching spikey legion of doom shoulder pads at age eight.

What band is your friend in?

FUCK YEA...VIRGINS.

but really tho radio christian or whatever it's called is damn fun. i don't even know the lyrics the melody is so good...doo do do doo do doo do doo do doo do do.

An ex-girlfriend of mine swore up and down that the huge scar on her back was from trying to stop Anthony Keidis from overdosing on heroin and the ensuing struggle. I never believed her until I caught her shooting up in her bedroom when I dropped by her place unannounced. I made love to her doped-up body and never saw her again.

...Oh yes, and your chosen subject tonight is Pop Muzik...

Bananarama, A Certain Ratio, Kim Wilde, Blondie, The Police, Pet Shop Boys, Prince, Roxy Music...

Hell I could go on, even Tiffanny (who here wouldn't!) and least me not forget all those masters of the yacht rock sound such as Micheal McDonald...All the kids should remember that most of the bass lines you here in most of today's music is directly ripped from glorious pop music! Show your love sufu!

the view... my not even 2 year old daughters favorite band... she even tries to sing along.

the ramones... pop on meth

the buzzcocks

Damn, don't even get me started on the ramones or buzzcocks, how good was that shit, lets take it back even further to the beach boys and Them, god damn sometimes you forget!

Lets get real here...

Boys II Men

Another Bad Creation

Bobby Brown

Bel Biv Devoe

Keith Sweat

Nice and Smooth

Mary J.

Black Street

Total

Jodeci

D'angelo

R.Kelly (its kellz bitch. Real talk.)

yo hello yo. I have been looking through all of your posts, yo. feel me? my friends are in stylofone too. this message is directed at the person who knows this message is directed at him. what am I wearing today? totally.

I put two and two together when I saw some Mick lookin cracker who lives in jew town asking madquestions about that 'lo...You feel me?

We will never speak about this in person.

This conversation is over.

Guest StuckOnStupid
yo hello yo. I have been looking through all of your posts, yo. feel me? my friends are in stylofone too. this message is directed at the person who knows this message is directed at him. what am I wearing today? totally.

yo nice fit!

Guest StuckOnStupid
I put two and two together when I saw some Mick lookin cracker who lives in jew town asking madquestions about that 'lo...You feel me?

We will never speak about this in person.

This conversation is over.

oh damn wow i think the internet is smaller than i thought.:(