no love for tyo and red monkey?

I am new to this forum but there is something that has made me very curious. I can assume that the majority of the people in the forums have a relatively trendy style. By that I mean i cant really figure out a better way to put it. The type that prefer the tight jeans and more vintage things. I know that personally I used to have very typical street style(way baggy jeans, xxxl shirts) that whole deal. My sense of style has progressed alot toward trendy where I wont wear rocawear ecko or antyhing but have developed a taste for the japanese and selvedge denim. Personally I really like the majority of"The year of...". The brand has receieved very little praise in the forums similar to red monkey. I do feel that the pockets and designs on red monkey and tyo jeans can lean toward tacky but the appearance of the red monkey denim is something i havent seen matched but any brand. I understand the lack of support in extremely baggy denim but why is there a particular lack of interest in the two brands who are very high quality and have several nice looking designs.

my question was serious even thouhg everyone assumes im just the kid who trys to copy the rap videos (because im insecure?) to prove other wise the fact that i wear things like blue blood and nudie jeans that arent huge i get alot of sht about it from my black friends because they say i dress like white dude. The fact that i am considering some of the bigger jeans because of their quality as opposed to copying a rap video is different.

collie - keep in mind i haven't had any first hand contact with The Year Of...and only minimal contact with RMC.

but what i can say is that the point you make about the denim being unmatched is arguably false. first off denim holds so many different characteristics: are you talking about the depth of the dye? the richness of the colour? or are you talking about the sheen of dry denim? slubbiness? tension of the weave? there are simply so many aspects to the fabric that to say that the denim of any particular jean is unmatched is a bit of an hasty conclusion. and i would also suggest that given the price of RMC and TYO there are much better alternatives (again depending on what you are looking for). against pure-blue japan and BS united, for example, RMC denim does look very uniform and ordinary, and when put up against eternal dyework, the colour does pale in comparison.

the second point is the pockets and designs that you bring up...i think on the board there's a preference for something slightly understated, whether it's out of would-be elitism or a real desire for being slightly under the radar--and this contributes to the dislike for something as loud as RMC.

tweedle i appreciate the serious response

since im not too familiar with the specifics of denim what i mean to say is ive been around most types of raw/selvedge denim and red monkey has always seemed to have a more rich dye adn more bold color of the denim which i guess i am too inexperianced to accurately describe what im trying to say and i am sure u are correct in that there are many that are more quality denim but in my experiance i have yet to find a denim that has been as rich as red monkey

tweedle i appreciate the serious response

since im not too familiar with the specifics of denim what i mean to say is ive been around most types of raw/selvedge denim and red monkey has always seemed to have a more rich dye adn more bold color of the denim which i guess i am too inexperianced to accurately describe what im trying to say and i am sure u are correct in that there are many that are more quality denim but in my experiance i have yet to find a denim that has been as rich as red monkey

appreciate that you're keeping a level head here. :)

well, two years ago i hadn't even heard of raw denim either, so i think it's always a process of eye-opening. there's a certain insanity/obsession to it.

I could see a pair of Samurai jeans worn baggy as being the perfect hip hop gear.

I love the replies in this thread. LURK MOAR.

But it's also great that the original poster took it well. Red monkey denim, the ones I tried were pretty bad... I wear them only around the house now.

Oh and... man trendy... gawd awful word to describe sufu-ers. What an insult. >:3