Bugs on my denim?

doczein

Man , I know that ticks are dangerous - but only - and I mean only - if the bite you..

Check urself in the shower - brush of your Jeans ....I take them off of my dog every day..

Fly over here - the low pressure in the airplane will kill them - if not , I'll check you thouroughly....

just wash the motherfucker

their JEANS for christ sake not a fucking faberge egg (or something of that value)

hmmm...i thought the myth of not washing your jeans was dispelled a loooong time ago.

But if you want to risk it here's what you have to look forward to:

• Rash/rashes at the site of the tick bite or elsewhere on the body
  • Fever
  • Chills
  • Headaches
  • Stiff neck
  • Sore throat
  • Ear aches
  • Conjunctivitis (inflammation of the eye)
  • Fatigue
  • Swollen glands
  • Muscle aches
  • Joint pains
  • Jaw pain
  • Nausea

Stage 2

• Palpitations (feelings of an irregular or slow heart beat)
  • Dizziness
  • Mild shortness of breath
  • Chronic headaches
  • Stiff neck
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Difficulty remembering
  • Sensitivity to bright light
  • Bell’s Palsy (facial drooping)
  • Pins and needles sensation in arms or legs

Late or Chronic (Stage III) - can develop months to years after the infected tick bite. These symptoms can occur without having any of the above-mentioned symptoms. Arthritis (painful, swollen joints)

Nervous system problems such as trouble concentrating, loss of memory, unusual fatigue, muscle weakness, tingling and numbness in the arms and legs

Maybe during stage 2 you can wash your jeans and you won't remember washing them due to difficulty remembering.

and this man knows what he's talking about. he's a murse.

Washing your jeans is not the end of the world. Some of the best fades come from semi-frequent washes. If you took them camping, you might as well give them a good wash to make sure that you were able to remove everything. You don't want to have to worry about ticks every time you slip them on...

Biology and jeans, my two favourite subjects.

So, as I can see it, there are really 2 angles to consider here:

1) Did the tick leave any bacteria and/or nasty viruses on my jeans, and 2) Are there any more ticks actually on my jeans?

To answer 1, I'll quote Penn State's department of agricultural sciences website: "Although in theory Lyme disease could spread through blood transfusions or other contact with infected blood or urine, no such transmission has been documented. There is no evidence that a person can get Lyme disease from the air, food or water, from sexual contact or directly from wild or domestic animals. There is no convincing evidence that insects such as mosquitoes, flies, or fleas can transmit Lyme disease." - http://www.ento.psu.edu/Lyme/default.htm

As for 2, if there are any other ticks hanging around on those jeans, a cold soak probably won't dislodge them. I would give your jeans them a really good check, and if you're satisfied they are clean, all good.

Just for future reference, freezing and cold soaking may dislodge some grime and smelly stuff, but it won't do much to kill any bacteria or viruses that may be hanging around.

dude, it's just a fuckin tick. Is this your first time in the woods or something? Pick it off and throw it out the damn window. Then check the rest of the jeans closely, inside and out. There is no such thing as microscopic ticks, so if you don't see any, you're fine.

If your jeans are really dirty and smelly, that's an entirely different question. In that case, wash them. With soap.