Wearing SuFu denim to High School.

Hey guys--I've been a lurker for awhile and recently signed up.

Basically, I live in a midwestern town where homophobia is pretty normal. I've been wearing my Nudie Even Stevens and my Crate James IV around, and I've gotten a lot of comments about them being "ball-hugging" or "you'll never be able to have kids", even "those pants are looking a little gay". But really, what is tight in my town would be considered normal or even baggy fit on SuFu.

Any advice how to counter this? I'm just annoyed and I feel self-conscious whenever I wear these jeans. I'd rather not go back to my generic faded Gap's.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I have the same problem, I have been wearing apcs and sugarcanes (well those are baggy) and people say stuff, but I'm like w/e. Most people probably are just jealous that your pants cost more than their whole outfit lol.

Fuck that self concious shit. If you like it, look past that. Thats all that matters, that you like it. If you really dont feel comfortable wearing clothes that you like because you get ridiculed for it, fuck the close minded people where you live. Its all about what you like. That type of shit pisses me off.

word. do what you want. my jeans have gotten exponentially tighter in the past two years. whenever i tell people that my apc's have gotten "so baggy", they're just like, "are you kidding me!?!" if i were you i'd even think i were on higher ground for being so far from the norm. so fuck them.

maybe if you're lucky you'll score a girl who digs dudes in skinny jeans. trust me, alot of them do.

Yeah I have the same problem, I have been wearing apcs and sugarcanes (well those are baggy) and people say stuff, but I'm like w/e. Most people probably are just jealous that your pants cost more than their whole outfit lol.

lmao u actually think the avg. person knows how much "sufu denim" costs?

i would think that in the midwest tight pants would be attributed more to farmers and cowboys, than gay dudes.

Where I live, at least, most farmers/farmer types are racist but listen to rap, use dip during class, and wouldn't come near tight pants even if they knew that some girls actually liked to see guys' legs and not two dress-like hangings of denim down either leg or basketball shorts that look like gauchos.

i dunno man, i'm from a somewhat small midwestern town myself and the whole area seems to be full with emo-lookin skater teenagers who wear like ill-fitting cheap stretchy tapered jeans that make the average sufu fit look relaxed. and what more they wear bulky skate shoes with them which look absolutely horrendous.

if you care that much, start fucking chicks and getting yourself known for being a pimp! then watch as they follow your lead.

wow!!!! that could be some of the funniest stuff i've ever seen on here! this is my new sig!!!!

but seriously imo it's up to you, i used to wear baggier pants which i think is fine, then i started wearing raw denim and more slim fits. you'll still never see me in anything that hugs my body because i just don't feel comfortable wearing clothes like that (i don't see how anyone could) but if your rocking something it's cause you want to right? so just do and tell them to just suck your balls or something....that's what i say!!!!!

its def a high school thing, and here's proof

i went to a very diverse, liberal high school in the city of houston, no not the burbs, houston houston. i have no doubt someone would talk shit about me if i wore tight jeans there.

now i go to a very conservative university, where most of the kids are from the burbs and small towns . . . and no one give a shit.

people are insecure in high school and need to find outlets for the stress that it causes and sometimes pointing out flaws in other people is the key; either that or they're secure and they really are just assholes at heart.

people like to go with the norm, and you can say that on here too. i've been reading this board long enough toknow when the APC thread was hot and japanese brands were barely getting recognition except for the maniac denimheads on here. then people started finding ways to get to them and PBJ's were the shit, and everyone hopped on. then not to much later after that was samurai, oni and the plethora of slubby styles. the norm in the midwest is the american slob, unfortunately; so be glad your ahead of the curve.

either way, you've found yourself a style that you like -- that makes you you, that makes you happy. if you keep doing your thing though maybe you'll start a trend. no, not neccessarily to wear fitted jeans, but just to be yourself, and fuck what anyone else says -- and thats awesomeness right there if you ask me

if you dress well, and aren't too self-conscious people will end up appreciating your style. And the truth is that girls in high school are attracted to guys that are different, rebellious, and stylish. So rock w/e gear you want and screw everyone else because if they say stupid shit about you those are exactly the opinions shouldn't matter to you.

Hey guys--I've been a lurker for awhile and recently signed up.

Basically, I live in a midwestern town where homophobia is pretty normal. I've been wearing my Nudie Even Stevens and my Crate James IV around, and I've gotten a lot of comments about them being "ball-hugging" or "you'll never be able to have kids", even "those pants are looking a little gay". But really, what is tight in my town would be considered normal or even baggy fit on SuFu.

Any advice how to counter this? I'm just annoyed and I feel self-conscious whenever I wear these jeans. I'd rather not go back to my generic faded Gap's.

counterspellws2.jpg

someone has to do it