Chanel J12 vs Dior Chiffre Rouge

stabby

I don't think you can go in buying a second hand watch for profit reasons. You only hope is that they retain their value. At the end of the day the watches might be worth more in theory only, because of inflation or whatever.

Second hand watches are often times good investments because you don't have to pay the retail for something that is indistinguishable from the one current in the market.

Panerais actually retain their value pretty well, and the very limited PAMs also increase in value. Often times this is because of hte movement, or hard difficult the watch is to locate. Many Panerai's have an open back (skeleton back) where you can see the housed movement. Panerai movements' decoration change, and this brings collectors out of the woodwork claiming which movement is better.

If you were to get a PAM I recomment the 111, 112, 113, 114, or 005.

111 = seconds hand at the 9

112 = no seconds hand

113 - white face, seconds hand at 9

114 = white face, no seconds hand

005 = closed back.

They reason why I am so fond of PAMs are because they look polished and masculine at the same time. All the ones I have referenced are self wind, mechanical movements. One of my greatest pleaseres is loossening the crown guard and winding the watch.

I have a IWC Fliegerchonograph, Omega Speedmaster, Panerai 028 series 1, Panernai 111H and an homage Marina Militare.

The PAM 111 goes with just about everything.

Hope this helps.

i cannot and i will never understand why people buy watches from fashion houses.

i have a personal preference for breitling

Both of the watches mentioned are hideous. Fashion houses make fashion, not watches.

I prefer IWC and Panerai.