First Pair of Raw Jeans. I'm Nervous!

shoejuice

Ahhh im getting my first pair of raw jeans today. I'm quite nervous. I think I am getting Imperial Dukes but if any of you could change my mind that'd be great. I'm nervous as I have saved up for weeks for these and I feel like I might ruin them. Any advice? And also I'd be happy if you told me any techniques :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont let anyone wash them. tell your parents if you're living with them "DONT WASH THESE UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE", or if you have your own apartment/house/whatever, make sure you hang them up onf a hanger when you're not wearing them or something like that, thats what i do, just make sure none of the honeycombs flatten out, and that if you need them to shrink, soak, don't wash.

dont let anyone wash them. tell your parents if you're living with them "DONT WASH THESE UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE", or if you have your own apartment/house/whatever, make sure you hang them up onf a hanger when you're not wearing them or something like that, thats what i do, just make sure none of the honeycombs flatten out, and that if you need them to shrink, soak, don't wash.

hahahah what he said

and you can't really "RUIN" your dukes..

just do whatever you would normally do on a normal day

haha, u're definitely thinking too much. Assuming u got the right size and inseam, everything should be smooth sailing. The inseam may shrink 0 to 1 inch for dukes. Take note of that before hemming and u're good to go.

anyway, enjoy your stay in SuFu.

edit: u shouldn't be wearing raws at the age of 13....

i think i was 6' at your age.

all i can think of is if they stretch a bit, you'll grow into em?

my advice-forget about them. wear them, enjoy them, but dont stress. with my jeans, since i ride my bike every dak, i soak them every 2 weeks to get the dirt and sweat out. i wouldn't wash a lot, but if you search as i've been doing you'll see a wash every month or so won't hurt em. enjoy em!

Yea I'm not THAT tall but I'm decently above average. Thanks guys for making me not as nervous It's just this is my first time spending 265 dollars(tell me if theres a better site besides self edge for dukes shipped to america) and I am scared I wont be impressed.

how the hell do you have 265 bucks to spend on denim at 13.

at 13 i was saving my money to get some 50 dollar krews. and those were expensive jeans for me.

also, once you get some high quality denim expect to never wear your old or cheap jeans.

when i where my old krews, i cant stand the feel of them.

I have saved up for aout 15 weeks for these. I can't believe I made it. I have 300 by saving allowance and some small jobs(baby sitting dog walking). Any cheaper places than self edge though?

Oh and by the way I just turned 13. My birthday was 3/15 so theres plenty of time to grow. Maybe even pass those 6' heights you guys have...

I have saved up for aout 15 weeks for these. I can't believe I made it. I have 300 by saving allowance and some small jobs(baby sitting dog walking). Any cheaper places than self edge though?

Oh and by the way I just turned 13. My birthday was 3/15 so theres plenty of time to grow. Maybe even pass those 6' heights you guys have...

jesus! thats an incredible amount of will power for someone who is 13. Hats off to you!

Umm, considering that you have some growing left to do, shouldn't you wait till you're done to drop three bills on some jeans? I'd hate to hear that you saved for three months to get them, loved them and then outgrew them three months later.

goddamn and i thought i was youngest here at 15 >_<

+++rep for you for saving $20 bucks a week until u reached ur goal...lol i had to do the same thing..sucks being a member on sufu without a job...

anyways...i recommend buying from self edge...totals out to be 288 if i remember...

you can return em if you get the wrong size and they're great to work with

but starting out...i'd have to recommend apc new standards...its slim like the dukes but 150+ cheaper..i started out with a pair of sugarcane 47's from the supermarket for $100 then got a pair of dukes afterwards

...only reason why i bought the dukes was because of the levis lawsuit, wasn't really planning on purchasing it for awhile...if you really want the dukes though...fuking go for it!!

Guest StuckOnStupid
I'm quite nervous.

it's a real fuckin nailbiter over here. im FREAKING OUT, man.

buy_xanax.jpg

Seriously tho kid, you really should take as much xanax as possible. you are basically grown now, you are allowed.