SuFu Wallet

What exactly is the difference between long/short and big/small? I figure long/big is more like the biker style wallets and the short/small is like the smaller ones with the snap closure. Can you clarify? Maybe picture examples?

I think the proper word for "attacher" is lanyard, btw.

thanks for the terminology correction.

long is the long redmoon style that peeks out of the back pocket.

short is the short redmoon style that goes completely into the back pocket.

big is the standard size for these wallets.

small is a slightly smaller size so it's not so huge in the back pocket.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you are right. i will setup a website with the following options

button:

u.s. quarter

indian head nickel

did i miss anything?

Maybe we should not do US-based coins for the wallet snap. Since SuFu is really an international crowd and all...

Maybe we should not do US-based coins for the wallet snap. Since SuFu is really an international crowd and all...

Australian 20c coin! Platypus for everyone.

Anyway I'm down for this - especially if it has some kind of sufu marking. Not really in the market for a wallet but I will be eventually so I will jump on this now - big, small, long short.. whatever.

Also interested in a belt if Kamida-san is interested in making them for us.

^^^ that's funny because Kamida roughly translates to "God's Land"

ok, so, i think he'll be down to use whatever currency you decide to use for your button.

if we have enough people who want a superfuture button, we will have to get it made. please let me know if people want this, cuz it will jack up the price.

i'm gonna call kamida-san tonight, first to apologize for not finishing his website, and also to give him the good news that people from all over the world want to get his stuff.

^^^ that's funny because Kamida roughly translates to "God's Land"

ok, so, i think he'll be down to use whatever currency you decide to use for your button.

if we have enough people who want a superfuture button, we will have to get it made. please let me know if people want this, cuz it will jack up the price.

i'm gonna call kamida-san tonight, first to apologize for not finishing his website, and also to give him the good news that people from all over the world want to get his stuff.

Buttons like pins? I can get these made on the cheap, my friend owns a business doing this. Let me know....

This project sounds great! Pencil me in depending on price. I think it would be cool to get a sufu button made, get Chad and Wayne's approval, then could use the same design on any sufu jean collaborations?

Guest El Salvador

I might also be interested in this depending on the price. This is a great idea! :)

I like two models from Skull Jeans:

this one without the engraving. If there're any engravings, they I need to be more subtile

BC015.jpg

check the pick holder inside!! :)

I like this model as well (this has already been posted)

BC045_tan.jpg

Btw,

could you friend also make these pick holders?

BC025.jpg

I really can't comprehend how you fellas (and ladies?) deal with those fat (RM, skull, etc.) wallets.

My ass starts to hate me if I keep too many bills in my goofy nylon wallet, let alone sit on a 2 inch thick chunk of saddle leather.

Maybe its the fact that they just look so buttery-smooth? ;)

Anyway, I could be interested (pending price/shipping) in something a bit slimmer if thats an option.

no love for the people who with apcs and diors? were gonna need a smaller wallet too.

i say normal wallet width but 2 inches taller.

no flap on the outside, button on inside like the skull

pick pocket

no change pocket

the engravings super said

ill finish later i have to go to school

ok, so i called kamida-san last night.

he's very happy to hear that people from superfuture are interested in getting his leathercraft goods. he lives on a tropical island and isn't really a big technology guy, but i explained as best as i could that people on a fashion website would like to order some custom made wallets. right now he is busy opening another vintage clothing store in okinawa city, but he's definitely down to make some stuff for us.

as far as prices, he said that the long wallets are more expensive than the short wallets. also, the more customizations one gets, it gets more expensive. also, he says that each wallet is handmade by him and said (what roughly translates to) "i put a lot of love into each wallet." no machines are used and each stitch is done by hand.

ok, so for a basic short wallet (no customizations) he is selling them for $235 + shipping from japan.

the basic long wallet is going for $295 + shipping from japan.

this is without the lanyard.

customizations are more expensive and he will price them on a case by case basis. so, you can send me a pm for customization orders. i will translate and send to kamida san for a price quote.

oh, and each wallet comes with a hand-dyed okinawan handkerchief.

pics are coming soon, hopefully tonight.

for that price might as well get a redmoon or wildswans, especially if people are making a custom wallet based on these models anyways... just my opinion

cool concept though, if we can come up with something thats unique; but the way this thread is headed, we seem to be gravitating towards the basic thick saddle leather in a long wallet with a braid look