denim fraying. your thoughts?

styleofmind

hi all.

would like your opinion on something. i have a pair of imperial kings and more often than not, i wear them with my vans skate hi's. now, i dont normally roll them or anything and as such they often drag along the floor.

this inevitably creates the fraying and loose threads at the bottom where the denim touches the floor.

i was just wondering what you all thought about this fraying. does it add character or should i once and for all alter [shorten + taper] my kings so that this doesnt happen.

thanks!

I don't own anymore jeans with a large enough hem to allow this to happen, but when I did -- I just let it ride. One thing is for sure, don't try to burn the frayed edges with a lighter, as they will continue to fray and you will eventually burn up the hem -- making it look as though something has taken a bite out of your jeans.

:D

personally i think wider cuts like that look better with not so much stacking and are better hemmed or at least cuffed enough to not have excessive stacking, and this helps with stepping on them and dragging on the ground.

some wear on the heel are is cool, but I wouldn't want it to get to the point where it'll be a huge missing area once i get some wear in the jeans.

i think the fraying adds a little bit of character to the jeans.

but at the same time, it creates a scruffy look that might not appeal to all. personally, im a fan of "streetwear". eg. WAYWT? stussy LA tee, imperial kings, vans skate hi's. and i suppose in a way, it creates the image i try to project.

I used to love it. Then I got over it and now I think theres nothing better than an immaculate hem.

What I HATE with a passion tho, are the ones that have the wedge cut out, so that theres like a carpet that lays on the front of the shoe, with a massive square frayed section of the jean missing. You know?

there are plenty of names for it, just like there are heaps of names for weed.

We all know that it's called the bionic, the bomb, the puff, the blow, the black, the herb, the sensie, the chronic, the sweet Mary Jane, the shit, Ganja, splif, reefa, the bad, the buddha, the home grown, the ill, the maui-maui, the method, pot, lethal turbo, thai, shake, skunk, stress, whacky, weed, glaze, the boot, dimebag, Scooby Doo, bob, bogey, back yard boogie. But what is the other terms for it?

We all know that it's called the bionic, the bomb, the puff, the blow, the black, the herb, the sensie, the chronic, the sweet Mary Jane, the shit, Ganja, splif, reefa, the bad, the buddha, the home grown, the ill, the maui-maui, the method, pot, lethal turbo, thai, shake, skunk, stress, whacky, weed, glaze, the boot, dimebag, Scooby Doo, bob, bogey, back yard boogie. But what is the other terms for it?

obviously there's not as many as marijuana...

i haven't heard of half of them... and why isn't sponge bob in the list?

A little fraying is ok. But not the huge bite out of the cuff. But personally with a nice pair of dark or raw denim, a clean look is best to me. I like to cuff my jeans with as small a cuff as possible but I do like the cuff. I hate walking on my jeans. A little stack with a small cuff is the look I like best.