HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

Blacklisted was jsut a big ass circle pit and he spent way too long telling us about his life story. I'm not saying it was not fun seeing htem but it would have been way better if he hadn't spent so much time telling us about his broken childhood and more time playing.

Blacklisted was jsut a big ass circle pit and he spent way too long telling us about his life story. I'm not saying it was not fun seeing htem but it would have been way better if he hadn't spent so much time telling us about his broken childhood and more time playing.

blacklisted puts me in a fucking trance

l_fa85692a3835978cd81796d7ee21f27b.jpg

george writes such good lyrics. if you sit down and read the lyrics on the new record, you'll understand how he feels. I guess I can relate to a lot of it. And just the influence from sonic youth and the past, you can hear it in the music and it sounds good. Canonized gets me fucking jacked

Clean vocals are where its at. Hardcore needs less fags screaming and more hard dudes repping vocals like Life of Agony and Biohazard.

i dont mind clean vocals, the dude from blacklisted just sounded like some lame lynyrd skynyrd bullshit.

were you there at the beginning when let down was on? they were kinda terrible. at the beginning of each song the guy would be like "this song is about dumb fucking assholes" "this song is about assholes who piss me off" dumb shit like that, there was only maybe 30 people in there for them though.

as as for ruiner, absolutely nothing wrong with them, one of the most fun bads I've ever seen. can't wait to see them at artspace next month

and the guys who were helping set up for ruiner, one guy had on some skulls and another had on apcs

yeah dude, from the very beginning, sunn hoodie, supreme cap and samurais on, and yeah, ive seen them a few times, kinda bland and every song was about being straight edge hahaha, ruiner are great and ill deffff be hitting up that artspace show man, you goin for trash talk next week?

are you fucking kidding? blacklisted was the only bad part of the show? southern style singing? blacklisted is hands down one of the top bands right now. and that "lame ass southern style singing" a lot of bands do, listen to life of agony and get twisted... I can't believe some of you kids.

blacklisteds my favorite band next to rise and fall. just because you can't mosh to them like you mosh to ceremony, doesn't mean they're bad.

its not about moshing, i just dont dig their music, thats all, i do dig rise and fall, theyre pretty fucking crushing, i just cant dig on blacklisted, never have been able to, and this is like the 5th time in 4 years that ive seen them.

i saw let down on edge day and i thought they were fucking lame, it just sounded super generic

but then eating glass played, and chris colohan sang a left for dead song, and i was jolly, despite the fact that i got smashed in the nose earlier in the night and was spitting up blood

I'm just saying...a lot of the shit just sounds overly put together/contrived...

This is true, really.

i hate everything but love everything else. fuck.

Quoted for the love and to have it on this page too!

i saw let down on edge day and i thought they were fucking lame, it just sounded super generic

If you saw them any other day I think you'd feel the same - they pretty much sucked here too.

Could the fan boys get off the nuts of hardcore bands who wear expensive denim? I mean, we all wear it and listen to hardcore so why is it a big deal that they do?

Could the fan boys get off the nuts of hardcore bands who wear expensive denim? I mean, we all wear it and listen to hardcore so why is it a big deal that they do?

for...............real.

I feel like it's Superfuture '06 all over again. "HEY HE HAS IMPERIALZZ, WOAH SICK!! HE PROBABLY GETS SOME KILLER MOSH FADES!!"

Bulldoze last night... hard fucking mosh. It was awesome. Lots of guys from different crews there, but the night went out without incident mostly.

Seeing Skarhead had to be the most fun Ive had at a show in recent memory, no one trying to act hard, just singalongs and general madness.

Saw Trash Talk on Monday night and it was alright... Ive seen them other times and had more fun. Oh well.

Clean vocals are where its at. Hardcore needs less fags screaming and more hard dudes repping vocals like Life of Agony and Biohazard.

Whaaat gtfo! That shit goes in the bro-core thread. Im gonna let you slide this time, but watch yourself!

Hmmm, maybe I should make myself a sig banner, just so the kids know im keepin em in check.

Whaaat gtfo! That shit goes in the bro-core thread. Im gonna let you slide this time, but watch yourself!

Hmmm, maybe I should make myself a sig banner, just so the kids know im keepin em in check.

Thank you for the bro-check Clockwork...Empire De heBAY is working in harmony.

I'm not sure if people are still into vinyl, but I've been getting rid of a bunch of stuff if anyone is interested... (non ebay bc i dont like ebay)

Carry On - A Life Less Plagued on clear

Count Me Out - Permanent on clear

Striking Distance - March To Your Grave on clear green

Lights Out - Overload on pink marble

A-Team 7" on color, Ensign, Down In Flames, Right Brigade, Holding On 7"s

http://www.theb9.com/viewtopic/525255

ps. who is going to token entry!?

Bulldoze last night... hard fucking mosh. It was awesome. Lots of guys from different crews there, but the night went out without incident mostly.

Seeing Skarhead had to be the most fun Ive had at a show in recent memory, no one trying to act hard, just singalongs and general madness.

Saw Trash Talk on Monday night and it was alright... Ive seen them other times and had more fun. Oh well.

I saw Death Threat at posi numbers in 02' and it was a fu**ing riot. no joke. haha and went to a DB4D show in Brockton. Seeing bulldoze mustv'e been awesome. :D

Just got back from Bane and Comeback Kid. It was awesome that Comeback Kid and Grave Maker are even still on this tour. CBK's tour van got stolen, lost 50,000$ in merch, equipment and the van.Grave Maker rolled there van down a hill and ruined all of their equipment but everyone came out fine.

Just got back from Bane and Comeback Kid. It was awesome that Comeback Kid and Grave Maker are even still on this tour. CBK's tour van got stolen, lost 50,000$ in merch, equipment and the van.Grave Maker rolled there van down a hill and ruined all of their equipment but everyone came out fine.

Yeah they've had some bad luck this tour, I'm going to this show in Guelph tomorrow, hopefully it'll be a good time, mostly pumped for Bane and Outbreak.

Uhm...queestion for all of the modern day heads who have similar taste as this guy.

What's the deal with Trap Them? I previewed their myspace due to a free show I was thinking of going to and I kinda like their sound. THe vox aren't really amazing, but that could be due to the clean overall production/recording...though the writing is pretty great as is the guitar work. THey sound like a band I'd like to hear if they weren't funded by Deathwish Inc...funny shit is, my boy just recently put me onto Cursed and said Trap Them sounded like said band (yeah I have no idea how I missed The Swarm/Left For Dead bus)...and that isnt' the first time I've heard the comparison...even youtube searches on Cursed yield Trap Them live videos (maybe it's the Deathwish Inc. keywording).

Worth my time or should I just dismiss as a higher production value rip-off of something Born Against and those after 'em did so well?

they're good

and they do something that a lot of recent bands don't

which is awesome. why the "I'd like to hear them if they werent funded by deathwish" bit tho? good tunes are good tunes regardless of the label, i mean not to say that some bands don't change their sound due to labels or whatever, but.. good is good.

you guys should seriously check out eating glass its in that left for dead vein, they played a cover of who doyou know with chris colohan on vox last week at the release show, killer.

they're good

and they do something that a lot of recent bands don't

which is awesome. why the "I'd like to hear them if they werent funded by deathwish" bit tho? good tunes are good tunes regardless of the label, i mean not to say that some bands don't change their sound due to labels or whatever, but.. good is good.

you guys should seriously check out eating glass its in that left for dead vein, they played a cover of who doyou know with chris colohan on vox last week at the release show, killer.

OKay I'm with you on that "good is good" stuff...but everytime I hear a band on Deathwish Inc. (and most of the modern day, big boy names), they sound VERY cleanly recorded...I don't know if it's just the fact that the label is forcing all of the bands to (over)master everything or they just go for bands who do that fancy recording stuff (maybe discounting Ceremony...though I really have no idea what label they're currently on...nor have I heard the latest album...for some reason I thought they had something to do with Deathwish).

I dunno if it's the same fucking engineer who loves compressing the shit out of each member of the band...or just the use of modern day digital (Pro Tools) recording applications...but it sounds "too produced" to me.

That being said, I like the more off-kilter riffage and song structure they pull out...just wish they recorded all of that on a Tascam analog 4-track or went to Don Fury's.

That being said (again), when I listened to Cursed for the first time, I couldn't help but love it. Not only were the band and vocals up my alley (no gay)...but the studio cuts had a very raw quality to 'em. It wasn't OD lo-fi analog (which can be terrible as well), but it had that classic warmth to it.

i've seen trap them on tour with modern life is war and trash talk? i think. kids who like those said bands do not like trap them.

they played a pretty good set. i like them.

"Said bands" as in Trash Talk and Modern Life... or Cursed and the other Chris Colohan related bands?

OKay I'm with you on that "good is good" stuff...but everytime I hear a band on Deathwish Inc. (and most of the modern day, big boy names), they sound VERY cleanly recorded...I don't know if it's just the fact that the label is forcing all of the bands to (over)master everything or they just go for bands who do that fancy recording stuff (maybe discounting Ceremony...though I really have no idea what label they're currently on...nor have I heard the latest album...for some reason I thought they had something to do with Deathwish).

I dunno if it's the same fucking engineer who loves compressing the shit out of each member of the band...or just the use of modern day digital (Pro Tools) recording applications...but it sounds "too produced" to me.

That being said, I like the more off-kilter riffage and song structure they pull out...just wish they recorded all of that on a Tascam analog 4-track or went to Don Fury's.

That being said (again), when I listened to Cursed for the first time, I couldn't help but love it. Not only were the band and vocals up my alley (no gay)...but the studio cuts had a very raw quality to 'em. It wasn't OD lo-fi analog (which can be terrible as well), but it had that classic warmth to it.

"Said bands" as in Trash Talk and Modern Life... or Cursed and the other Chris Colohan related bands?

most deathwish bands are recorded by kurt ballou from converge, or at least partially mixed and/or mastered by him, and he has a very distinct recording stle of suoper noisy buy somehow clean. its not a bad thing, does sound a bit polished, but trap thems recordings kill.

and ceremonys first 7" and their 1st lp were released by malfunction records that was bought by jake bannon of deathwish. they are now on bridge 9, and they dont have the supernoisy/clean sound to them on the new lp, check it out, its very crossed out influenced.

Everyone's been hyping over Trap Them for ages around here... never quite got into them at the end of the day myself. Bit soulless, lacking that je ne sais quoi cliche, something like that? Basically I think they're missing the elements that made Cursed so good... a bit of punk rock spirit.