HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

Ha yeah... I have a shitty 1st gen iPOD shuffle...I guess it's to match my 2004 Nokia candy bar cell...and was listening through the pre-Victory Deadguy material (I dunno...probably not able to be considered hardcore...MAYBE metallic hardcore...or metalcore...that's not the point though)...after the last song on White Meat ends...

...Neurosis' Pain Of Mind kicks in, and oh boy, was that a glorious ear-pummeling, if ever there was one. That'd by my pick of the litter. Back when they were playing metallic, thrashy harrrrrrrdcore. The cymbal work on that shit makes me a good morning person.

^okay I"m a bit drunk now...red wine and looking at Palin's hot ass during the debate works wonders on a tired brain. So I think I'm reading sarcasm...am i am i?

DO THE MOTHERFUCKING RICE PICKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was kinda bummed that the Unbroken/Undertow leading onto Disembodied thing didn't really flesh out into a better discussion before coming back to posts about BANE or modern hardcore sucking.

It's hard to add much apart from that the shit is awesome... trouble is we're all a bit young to be recalling stories about actual shows, so there's not much to say about.

We could on the other hand talk about some UK hardcore, at which point I point out that Dead Swans are sweet, you tell me they suck and to stop bumming on my hometown scene, I tell you you're wrong, everyone else goes 'eh?' and we start talking about Ceremony again.

I think in my Friday night blur that what I mean is this thread is always just going to go around in circles and I'm going to enjoy the few moments when someone brings something genuinely new to the topic.

Misery Signals and Shai Hulud I would both love to see, but I always manage to miss them when they come over here.

If I'm not being drunk you're from the UK, and if you are then from what I've heard Misery Signals are playing Canada followed by a UK tour in January with Architects.

For the record they were pretty fucking sweet last time, and considering how much better the new album is I'm expecting a hell of a set. Probably I think one of the few bands to come out of the metalcore trend bubble and start releasing some music that will really last, along with the new Underoath... both bands have come on absolutely miles the last few years.

cruel hand on the 6th

eating glass 17th

maybe the ergs, maybe

fucked up weekend... so far i know of mind eraser, rampage, shitty limits, reign supreme, molested youth, sex vid, $100, fucked up, final fantasy, mad men (cant fucking wait for this)... hoping career suicide play, j.falco trifecta would be pretty killer haha, these shows are gonna be mental.

get stoked

last time i saw fucked up the cops cut their set because the crowd tore apart the barricades. their two song set did kick ass though.

last time i saw fucked up the cops cut their set because the crowd tore apart the barricades. their two song set did kick ass though.

hahaha i heard about this show, didnt they get cut off while playing police? pretty great

have you guys heard the new album?

i dont really like it that much

not sure if its strictly "hardcore", but i've been listening to more of the "punkier" type of sounding bands like coliseum, lords, the bronx, and the sort. i just like the "i don't give a fuck" vibe that i get from it.

and anyone listen to touche amore? it's more screamo then hardcore, but i dig, i dig.. (and no not that trash talk song..)

We could on the other hand talk about some UK hardcore, at which point I point out that Dead Swans are sweet, you tell me they suck and to stop bumming on my hometown scene, I tell you you're wrong, everyone else goes 'eh?' and we start talking about Ceremony again.

:D this is pretty accurate, I don't think Dead Swans are particularly bad and know a lot of dudes who really rate them, but they just don't click for me.

C.R. had a 7" and an LP, live they were good but the records never grabbed me the way I wanted them to. I need to give them a listen, haven't heard them in at least 8 years.

SO apparently, I really didn't know this back when...but come to find out that some good old friends of mine are really tight with the C.R. dudes...

So I hear the rumor is true...C.R. reunion in '09. Milhouse being there is another rumor...but shit...I'm there regardless.

hahaha i heard about this show, didnt they get cut off while playing police? pretty great

i dont like the new album much either. it's too soft for me.

and yes, they did get cut while playing police.

everyone was screaming "all cops are bastards" and spitting on cops.

arent they doing a tour or something? i heard that but i dont remember if it was them

kyle, say hi if you see me... both of my brothers bands are playing the show hahaha.

will do man. you'll probably recognize me. i will definitely stand out in a crowd at a hardcore show these days.

who are your brothers bands? a dude I know from the maritimes (Glen) is in Come Clean. I have no idea where the venue is but I'm sure I'll be able to find it.

If I'm not being drunk you're from the UK, and if you are then from what I've heard Misery Signals are playing Canada followed by a UK tour in January with Architects.

For the record they were pretty fucking sweet last time, and considering how much better the new album is I'm expecting a hell of a set. Probably I think one of the few bands to come out of the metalcore trend bubble and start releasing some music that will really last, along with the new Underoath... both bands have come on absolutely miles the last few years.

I am indeed from the UK, by way of Belgium(but I am English) hence me spouting off left and right about H8000!!!

Ahem, anyway, thanks for the news, I will definitely try not to miss them this time around.

While were on the subject of the UK, has anyone heard Viatrophy? For a *cough* Deathcore band, they are actually pretty damn good with even some cult of luna-esque stylings for good measure.

Hebay, I would like to put my self forward as secretary of H8000 and Eurocore, I am hard working, prone to nostalgic ranting and can list obscure edgemetal bands til the cows come home. Please consider me for your cabinet.:D

i could not comprehend the above statement. please learn correct grammar..

still on my lewd acts binge. can't get enough... anyone going to see blacklisted, ceremony, have heart, and sabertooth zombie on their tour? i would but i'm gonna be down in la to visit my sister and watch justice and crystal castles.