Nudie Made In Japans

broneck

Just dropped by the Showroom in toronto the other day with a friend who was buying slim jims, and they have a dsiplay up for Nudies called simply "Made In Japans". Has anyone else heard anything about these? They're definitely a more japanese cut (higher waisted, lonnnng inseam, slim and straight but not skinny) and they were blue selvedge. The standard Nudie label inside the waist of the jeans had a swedesh flag on the left, japanese on the right.

Despite being 450 dollars (an amount not depsensible for me right now) i tried them on quickly, and they're amazing, probably the best jeans I've tried on in...ever.

Does anyone else know the story behind these? The guys at the shop were as in the dark as I am, and they're not posted on MyNudies or the Nudie website.

I'll agree that they're probably overpriced...they just fit better on me than any other jeans. So I think I'll just wait it out and find some non-selvedge even stevens (pumped to see the Avg Joes and the Grim Tims too)

Cultizm sells the masa for like 280 - your best bet is to wait till next season when nudie makes an even steven selvedge, their "limited" editions always come out the next season without the swedish flag on the waistband and without the big price tag

We just got the Masa at CONTEXT yesterday- they are clearly a better fabric than most other selvage Nudies. That being said the price ($375.00) is partially a product of the fact that they will only be available this season, and the limited nature of their prodution drives up the cost per pair. Not to mention the fact that these are 100% made in Japan which is also very costly.

This is a great jean for both the Nudie enthusiast as well as the Japanese denim enthusiast.

We will have them up on www.contextclothing.com in the next couple days, and when that happens they will go fast.

We have taken some pre-orders already, so anyone interested should PM, email or call me at the store.

The Masa is very nice. I usually prefer more 'historic' cuts, but I really like the Masa/ES cut as well. It's perhaps the best modern cut I've tried on.

The denim is nice, definitely different from Nudie's other denim. I'd say it has the right amount of irregularities, not overdone.

The color isn't quite as dark as on my Japanese jeans, but it seems to be good anyway.

I really want a pair, but the price is a little steep.

lilldavid just won a pair because he's so good at wearing jeans, hopefully he can come up with pics!

...www.oipolloi.com has them a mas japan and a slim-jim japan, excluding delivery price works out about 300 canadian dollars...tagline on their site "Nudie Masa; a 100% Japanese selvage, hardware, thread and production piece, the first of its kind from Nudie. The same cut as the Even Steven, with a Japanese flag sewn in the waistband. Comes in a box with the Rising Sun design on it. Production is limited to this season only" if that helps...

Way toooo much for a pair of Nudies. I don't care where there made, and the fear of having the crotch blow out is more than enough to justify not purchasing them, there are way more alternatives.

somehow i think crotch blowout is more of an issue with their lower end denim (I.e. greycast, dry indigos, etc)...this shit is pretty intense selvedge denim and feels really good. I think you're getting what you pay for (okay, you pay for more, but still)

Just curious when you went and saw them what was the weight like?? approx? and did the selvedge come in the same color as all of the other nudie selvedge or was it different?

i saw both grim tims and avg. joes today, in the dry dirt organic, it had a nice feel similar to a dry japan slim jim i would say around 12.5 oz, i did not try either on but im having trouble distigushing a avg. joe from a straight sven. to be honest. but both did look nice

i tried them yesterday ... i can't compare them to other nudies selvedge because i've never seen them, but they felt heavier then my APC NS for sure. Really stiff and really uncomfortable, just the way everyone likes it. Cut for the fatter blokes on the future just like me.

Way toooo much for a pair of Nudies. I don't care where there made, and the fear of having the crotch blow out is more than enough to justify not purchasing them, there are way more alternatives.
I still think the whole crotch blowout thing is exaggerated. I own two pairs of Nudies (Olas and RRDS) with over three years of combined wear and the crotch on both pairs are perfectly fine. And I've definitely blown the crotch out on some of my other jeans so it's not just the way I wear them.

I still think the whole crotch blowout thing is exaggerated. I own two pairs of Nudies (Olas and RRDS) with over three years of combined wear and the crotch on both pairs are perfectly fine. And I've definitely blown the crotch out on some of my other jeans so it's not just the way I wear them.

I just constantly see it so it's always stuck in my mind.

I think the crotches on nudies do blow out easier but only because of the way you are supposed to wear them. They are meant to be worn low and cut in a way that almost forces you to do that. I dont think the holes have anything to do with the quality of the denim.

i donno man my slim jims were repaired like 5 times last summer, admittedly i skated in them and wore them pretty hard but it was pretty bullshit, and i know ive seen a whole ton of other nudies (esp slim jims) on here with blown out crotches.. its kinda weird