Why the hell is Hermès so fucking expensive??

lowrider

*NOTE: I didn't buy this wallet. I just asked them to bring it into the store so I can see it in person. Curious to see what a $1,775 wallet looks like.

Yeah, yeah... I could go into the details of marketing, branding, design, demand, etc. But I don't care about all that. I just want them to have a 95% off sale right now on just 1 item so I can buy it.

Damnit!! I finally found my perfect fucking wallet. It's the colour I want, has every single fucking feature I want, and it's in the material I want.

Problem? It's Hermès and that stupid fucking little wallet costs $1,775USD. I 'bout shit my pants when I heard the price. That and there's only 1 in the entire US and it's in Palm Beach.

I ordered it but not sure if I'll actually pull the trigger when it gets here. That's just stupid money to pay for a simple fucking wallet.

Thanks for listening to me bitch. I really felt like my 500th post should be a little bitchy.

I'd almost rather pay that amount for this wallet since it probably took some Japanese craftsman a few weeks or longer to make it instead of just slapping the Hermès label on a piece of goat skin:

441368209_bb130afa1c.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1,775USD

u just payed that for a wallet?

i hope your bill gates rich, or else i am sorry.

i don't think anyone without a paycheck of less than 500k a year should be spending that much on a single wallet, but hey, more power to you if u can do it.

I haven't bought it yet. I just ordered it so I can see it in person. I doubt I'd be dumb enough to buy it. But then again, I have done some really dumb things in my life...

I'm far for Bill Gates rich but I get by... ; - )

C'mon people... $1,775 is just dumb for a wallet (that's why I'm bitching about it because I really want it but can't see myself paying that kinda green for it) but that's really not a completely stupid purchase. Think about all the people who make $50K who drive around in $40K+ cars. They're all over the place. Now that's really dumb.

your fucking wallet is so expensive because some old french craftsmen spent 6 months blowing on the cowskin to make the fucking leather and then stitched the damn thing together with his toes.

Wahahahahahahahahaha!!!! + rep for makin' me laugh my ass off...

*NOTE: I didn't buy this wallet. I just asked them to bring it into the store so I can see it in person. Curious to see what a $1,775 wallet looks like.

Yeah, yeah... I could go into the details of marketing, branding, design, demand, etc. But I don't care about all that. I just want them to have a 95% off sale right now on just 1 item so I can buy it.

Damnit!! I finally found my perfect fucking wallet. It's the colour I want, has every single fucking feature I want, and it's in the material I want.

Problem? It's Hermès and that stupid fucking little wallet costs $1,775USD. I 'bout shit my pants when I heard the price. That and there's only 1 in the entire US and it's in Palm Beach.

I ordered it but not sure if I'll actually pull the trigger when it gets here. That's just stupid money to pay for a simple fucking wallet.

You ordered it and you did not buy it? Did you know the price when you ordered it?

Hermes must be real pissed at you.

If the SA is bitchy, they would grill you on why you are buying it.

"Is it the wrong colour, wrong size etc etc"

Until you finally cave and admit you dont want to spend the dough on it and yet you wanted them to bring it down.

Guest Airjamie

BTW, any western-style leatherworker can do that wallet with his eyes closed. Probably around $3-400 for a really nice one.

The picture is NOT a Hermes wallet. This thread sucks.

End.

x2 on the sucking.

Unless you buy that fucking hermes wallet and post a picture of it with indigo stains all over it and take down the pic of that other wallet because you are confusing the kids.

I can believe hermes made a wallet that looks like some grandmas linoleum floor.

you didn't get the purpose of the whole post, that is not the hermes wallet on the pic, he said maybe he rather spent that much money on something like that(i believe that wallet on the pic is one that is available at self edge from some japanese brand) than in the hermes wallet

seriously. unless you were really interested in buying this wallet don't pull things like this.

You ordered it and you did not buy it? Did you know the price when you ordered it?

Hermes must be real pissed at you.

If the SA is bitchy, they would grill you on why you are buying it.

"Is it the wrong colour, wrong size etc etc"

Until you finally cave and admit you dont want to spend the dough on it and yet you wanted them to bring it down.

:) Buy the fuckin wallet you cheap bastard.Think about it,if you really like it that much it is only money you can make more next week.Not to mention the complements you'll get when you pull that beuty out.I would love to be able to even think of buying that.good luck.

Damn, people have got to stop reading two words and then looking at the picture.

If the wallet is as perfect as you say it is then pull the trigger. If there's something wrong with it then you blew all that money on something you don't think is perfect.