Walter Van Beirendonck

onemancult

Guest Airjamie

Holy shit that name is so fake. I hate people who just go around making their names up like that. Like sirhan sirhan, or butros butros gali. Theres no way those are real names. Shit like that just doesnt happen. Or jared leto. But im pretty sure wizards from nambla just summoned him from the gayest level of hell. You know the one they sent layne staley and that fatass brad nowell because they didnt want them fagging up the rest of hell and bumming on the whole "evil" vibe.

we should post pictures of designers up and rate their own fashion sense.

Thats like rating hairstylists based on their hair cuts.

Most have crappy haircuts. In fact, many shave themselves bald. I wonder is it a deliberate attempt so people cant tell what their hair styling sense is?

Is Walter VB the chap that used to do the label "Wild & Lethal Trash" ? I used to love that stuff.

Edit: Yep just googled...WALT.

Is Walter VB the chap that used to do the label "Wild & Lethal Trash" ? I used to love that stuff.

Edit: Yep just googled...WALT.

Same here. I used to spend all my pocket money on W&LT stuff back in the 90s. Good old days.

Holy shit that name is so fake. I hate people who just go around making their names up like that. Like sirhan sirhan, or butros butros gali. Theres no way those are real names. Shit like that just doesnt happen.

He's Belgian. His name is not uncommon in Dutch-speaking regions.

Walter Van Beirendonck (Brecht, 4 February 1957) is a Flemish fashion designer. He graduated in 1980 from the Royal Arts Academy in Antwerp. Together with Dirk Van Saene, Dries van Noten, Ann Demeulemeester, Marina Yee (graduated in 1981) and Dirk Bikkembergs (graduated in 1982) he became known as the Antwerp Six.

Since 1983, he issues his own collections. They're inspired by the visual arts and literature, but also by nature and ethnic influences. His unusual color combinations and a strong graphic influence are characteristic for his collections. In 1997, he designed the costumes for the U2 "Popmart Tour". In 1999, he was awarded the honorary title of "Cultural Ambassador of Flanders". In 2001, he was the curator for the exhibition Mode 2001 Landed-Geland in Antwerp.