Levi Shirts - Long Horn vs. Short Horn

Does anyone know the approx. era these different shirts were produced? I have a couple of both types and just wondered if one type was older than the other. I wrote Levi, provided them with a number of pictures, and the historian just told me that all were produced between the 1940s and 1960s...something I was already aware of.

Can anyone be more specific?

I also have a type that I've never seen before or since I bought it on ebay. It's a heavier cotton fabric with various bright colors in a plaid design and metallic snaps with a crazy star design. The tag is short horn and says "LEVI'S Authentic DENIM Western Wear"...like the ones found on the denim sawtooth shirts.

I have pictures on my computer, but I don't know how to post them on this board.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

I believe the Longhorn tag was used earlier (40's /early 50's) than the Shorthorn which was used up until the mid 60's. I have seen the jacket that the tag in my sig is from described as early 50's, possibly late 40's but I have seen some denim western shirts with steel snaps from the mid 60's with the same tag.

th_shorthorn.jpg