Where n what in Croatia and Portugal

Zadar is nice, especially the old town and nearby islands. You can also take a guided tour to Krka Waterfalls or Paklenica Canyon, but don't count on a great beach experience in Zadar, this part of seaside is pretty much beachless.

As for night life you could check out the Gotham, a quintessential euro-trash club. Word of advice, if you're on a budget avoid restaurants in the old tow, they tend to inflate the prices during the summer season. Oh, and don't tip!

I find Split overrated, mainly thanks to it's citizens and their holier-than-thou attitude. Check out the Diocletian palace and then get the hell out of it. Definitely visit the nearby islands of Brac and Hvar - many beautiful beaches, a blossoming nightlife and great food and wine. The locals can be a little too laid back, but you'll get used to them. And whatever you do, don't eat "burek" or "cevapi"!

Burek(meat pie) and cevapi(grilled meat, or should I say "meat") are turkish culinary specialties you can find all over Croatia. They can actually be quite good when done properly, but it's not something you wanna eat in all that heat.

Oh, I forgot to mention, if you're into that kinda stuff, both Split and Zadar have a flourishing drug scene.