buying japanese denim?

woejozney

Quote:

Ok, so there is plenty of nice japanese denim out on japanese sites. Where can I actually get a pair of sugarcane, etc, or any nice japanese jeans? It's all I see around here, but where the hell can I buy it?

--- Original message by woejozney on Jun 1, 2005 01:51 PM

Japan?icon_smile_wink.gif

You can buy Japanese jeans from Japanese shops and auction sites via Celga and Rinkya. There's been a few discussions on that method here.

Hong Kong is another place to find them eg. Take5, XX and 1001.

Liberty in London also stock Japanese brands like Sugarcane & Kato. Aeroleatherclothing stock Denime. Edwins can be found online too. Uniqlo is also available outside Japan (although much/most? of their jeans sewing is done in China).

Then there are jeans that are made in Japan but that aren't Japanese brands, eg. DDC Lab, PRPS & 5EP. Those should be reasonably easy to find in the USA.

Finally, there's loads of brands that use Japanese denim but sew the garments elsewhere, eg. APC, Atelier La Durance, Rag n Bone, Rogan, Howies, Gas, Gap...etc etc

There must be over a hundred brands that do/have done selvedge jeans listed here: http://superfuture.com/city/supertalk/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=817&start=121

Happy hunting.

Edited by ringring on Jun 2, 2005 at 12:36 AM

I also wonder about skull by alchemist - they look good to me, but as their biggest size is a 34 I think I can only stare from afar - I need jeans that wind up a 34 waist, not start there.

-Jake

That's a relief, since I can't get them. I'm jonesing for some selvage denim - the Levi's Store in Chicago stopped carrying the LVC stuff for some reason, and up till now, I've just been into 501 reproductions.

I've ordered other stuff from them (Buzz Rickson jackets, ELC A-2) and their very easy to deal with.