show me your clarks!

sexasomniac

When people here are talking about the size of the Clarks are they looking at the UK sizes or US?

ie, Are you a size 12 US in vans and get the 11.5UK in Clarks

we're talking about US. im a US9 in converse, and i got a US8 in Clarks Suede DB (stated on the shoe). Fits exactly the same as my converse in US9.

beeswax DBs after about 1 year of wear and no shoe care at all:

4277197481_78bb4592d2.jpg

I had heard that mink oil produced a nice result with the bees wax leather, so I slathered some on:

4277964882_f39ab28d29.jpg

(the oiled shoe looks much more shiny there then it ended up looking)

after mink oil application they are darker, and MUCH softer:

4277219157_a31ee82cf3_b.jpg

will add a new pick 2 months post oil later

30% off clarks thru sunday

Gap Inc is doing a 30% instore only coupon ...call their cust serv and ask for an online code because your store doesnt carry the things that u have seen avail online..the rep will give u a code that works online....well that code works on gap's piper lime site...that sells clarks (DBs/wallys)

they also sell sperrys...and bananareublic online sells clarks dbs as well

i tested it out:

mh9fp.jpg

nn3c41.jpg

i didnt actually purchase the shoes to see if they stay discounted...but i assume it should work.

is it weird that i had to size down a full two sizes on my clarks? i'm 9.5 in vans and 7.5 in clarks. although these are the only ones i've tried on, so maybe its just this pair

Maybe you were looking at the UK size? Because it would make sense that you were an 8.5 US in Clarks, which would be a 7.5 UK. Otherwise, it might just be that pair.

• 3 weeks later...

What shades of brown do you guys think will go well with black denim i.e. the Clark desert boots.

Went searching and some colors include flint, taupe distressed suede, oak suede?, taupe wax?

I have pair of real beat Beeswax, but for some reason I do not think it will go well with my APC NS black.

Was leaning towards brown that have a shade of grey, similar to the flint color.

Any thoughts?

100_1103.jpg?t=1271186781

better picture:

100_1118.jpg?t=1271328095

About 5 wears in and already getting denim bleed. Maybe I need a darker colour! Computurd's navy ones seem like the ideal solution.

I love them though. Sized down a whole size from usual and they were really tight across the bridge for a couple of days, then the suede stretched and they're fine now.

The joys of living in the UK. These Desert Boots were unmarked in the 'odds' section (the only male pair of shoes there at all, nevermind Clarks Originals). I asked what price they'd be, and after a bit of scurrying at the back they said I could have them reduced from £69 to £20!

4523608940_979e8cc803.jpg

4522977045_0815399e1b.jpg

If you notice though, each shoe is a slightly different colour. I'm not sure if they started out as a different leather or perhaps one was on display in the sun while the other was hidden away... but yeah. This picture shows it better:

4523615394_2ac76845ae.jpg

I imagine I could quite easily stain the lighter one on the left as dark as the other, but I prefer the colour of that one... Are there any oils/creams etc. I could apply to the right side? Or is it just a matter of leaving it in the sun on its own for a while?

@phen3N, I reckon the sizing down is OK, especially if they are suede, because they fit long and will stretch a lot sideways, so if you have narrow feet it might be alright. It's probably pushing it for most people though.

@crhistoph, where did you get those from?