ipod: style icon?

i'm on my 5th ipod (mini 6gb) at this point. i did alot of selling/reselling of ipods on craigslist/ebay almost always at a profit, the resale value is pretty good for these things.

style icon? not so sure, cultural impact is there though definitely.

but the buds are usually the first things i get rid of, theyre horrible..

i paid around $130 or less for my 20gb 2nd gen i think right when the 3rd gen was about to come out....now i just got an 8gig nano a few weeks ago for $160...

the 20gig still works fine (i'm listening to music on it right now actually) and has been through a few drops and such....thing is a fuckin brick, though i'll admit the battery life isn't so great (a few hours of continuous playback)

the 8gig is perfect for the gym and walkin around with as I can just clip it on belt or on an armband in the gym...plus the battery life is pretty damn good so far, so many more improvements

i will say the earbuds aren't any good, marshmallows get the job done much better for not much more

i paid around $130 or less for my 20gb 2nd gen i think right when the 3rd gen was about to come out....now i just got an 8gig nano a few weeks ago for $160...

the 20gig still works fine (i'm listening to music on it right now actually) and has been through a few drops and such....thing is a fuckin brick, though i'll admit the battery life isn't so great (a few hours of continuous playback)

the 8gig is perfect for the gym and walkin around with as I can just clip it on belt or on an armband in the gym...plus the battery life is pretty damn good so far, so many more improvements

i will say the earbuds aren't any good, marshmallows get the job done much better for not much more

there is a third party that sells ipod batteries for the 2nd G. it's like 24hour battery life for only like $30-$40, you have to install it yourself, but it's super easy

there is a third party that sells ipod batteries for the 2nd G. it's like 24hour battery life for only like $30-$40, you have to install it yourself, but it's super easy

Hey thanks for the info, I'll look into it

i remember back when i was in seventh grade (3 years ago) i begged my dad a lot for an ipod and i finally got it, it was a 20 gig 3rd gen one. My best friend had a md player and he would always say how impractical mine was cuz it was so big and it had too much memory which wasnt necessary.

That one is dead now, then i bought a 4th gen 20 gig a year later(i was the only kid at my school with one and it was when i had moved to american and people gave me those "how do you have one if youre a beaner" looks as if it was out of the ordinary)

Now i have a 1st gen ipod i bought last december (for christmas) and ive had it ever since, dont plan on changing it unless apple re-releases the 1st gen nanos

the immediate availability of all my favorite songs at the touch of a button, results in listening to a song to death and i end up not liking it as much, then gradually disliking it.

with tapes and md (never had a cd player) at least you were limited to what you carrying, so if you wanted to listen to a song you didnt have on you, you had to wait till you got home or something.

but with a million songs at your fingertips, its almost too easy

oh and md players RULE. i got a sony mz something or other first time i went to japan. but even then i knew they were a nitch thingy..

did you know kid robot started out as an offshoot of minidisco.com? so random.

minidisco.com, i had forgotten about that site. i bought a couple things from there, like 150 blank md (probably the dumbest purchase i've made my whole life), couple portable cases. anyway, i just checked now and the pricing is just so ridiculous, i've been thinking for a couple days that i'd be cool to have a md again cause of this thread, but there's no way i'm dropping 300$ on one, how can sony expect to move any units at that price, i have no idea...

there's so much out there to be had tech-wise its just that mac has dope marketing period. we are all cartoon lollipops. mac didn't have the iphone first and alot people have seen models pre-iphone and didn't make a fuss over samsungs model or half of the jp cell phones that are out there. i guess its the hegemonic hypebeast of american consumption that elevates mac and steve to god stature. they do stupid things too you know. they aren't perfect. when i first got my video ipod it came with a white sleeve and a white headphone set which both had to be replaced in a week they got so filthy....

a month later they started to come with the black sleeves...."branding"

can someone inform me on script to tag with im new to vb....

holy crap, gonna look into this so I have a reason to use my ipod nano again. damn battery only lasts me 3 hours max :mad:

baaa baaa baaaaaa...

Some cats make fun of me for having a Dell player. I just can't stand the IPod touchpad..it just seems like something that would malfunction. I like actual buttons. Funny thing is, is the Dell malfunctions sometimes. Damn.

People just buy what theyre told. Now Im putting on my raw denim and getting the fuck outta here.

i got turned off by ipods when i listened to my sister's mini. it sounded so weak compared to the rio karma that i had then. the karma had a two band eq but the low end was so crazy.

i have a creative zen vision m right now. its awesome but the karma will always be the shit for me. too bad they had hard drive problems and had to be discontinued.

I'm using a 4GB Meizu M6 right now, it does the job. Never liked the a)short battery life, b)comparatively poor sound and c)iTunes setup for the iPods I've tried (4G 40GB and OG 1GB Shuffle).

I like the iPods design wise as well the huge amounts of HD space they had for the price, but not very much in terms of functionality.