The Trenches

doctorgnar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a suit underneath it, trenchcoats make you look like either a clueless douchebag or a moody nerd.

Headcoat: Trenchcoats suck! S2A necklaces suck!! Blablablahrrrghghghgh!!

Why don't you contribute to threads where you got something useful to say, or use some tact and nuance when stating a contrarian opinion? If we need a bitchy comment we'll ask Jmatsu, is your alias Jmatsu?

hahahaha!

that would have bothered me if he weren't right about me being a "moody nerd"

sums up dmml in two words

Hahaha, well I just clicked on two threads in a row where he had nothing to say so.....I'm really tired of reading threads where 1 post out of three is "this sucks" with nothing more substantive behind that useless comment. A great exemple of this is the Thom Browne hating that goes on in the styleforum menswear section.

Trench - traditionally belted and double-breasted with peak labels.

Mac - single breasted, no belt and notch labels.

I've never seen a traditional trench coat with peak lapels. Most of them have somewhat wide notch lapels (so the coat can be buttoned up entirely) with various details:

75_1.JPG.jpg

Hahaha, well I just clicked on two threads in a row where he had nothing to say so.....I'm really tired of reading threads where 1 post out of three is "this sucks" with nothing more substantive behind that useless comment. A great exemple of this is the Thom Browne hating that goes on in the styleforum menswear section.

fuuma sucks

I've never seen a traditional trench coat with peak lapels. Most of them have somewhat wide notch lapels (so the coat can be buttoned up entirely) with various details:

Apologies - you're right - it's just that the notch lapels are so exaggerated, they almost look like peaks.

Headcoat: Trenchcoats suck! S2A necklaces suck!! Blablablahrrrghghghgh!!

Why don't you contribute to threads where you got something useful to say, or use some tact and nuance when stating a contrarian opinion? If we need a bitchy comment we'll ask Jmatsu, is your alias Jmatsu?

fuuma rules.

They have a black one too :)

I prefer black as well, but the pic didn't do it justice.

I'm not too found of black traditional looking trenches though; for those I like the classic beige better or some real wacky fluo color.

that one is pretty perfect, i like the length of it.

probably would like it better in black

Where/How do I purchase the tan Slick Japan trench. That thing (plus it's price) is very satisfying to look at.

BUMP...good topic

I went to a few of the H&M's in the city (NYC) and they all seemed to be out of the trenches...at least 51st street and 58th street.

I just called Zara on Fifth avenue and 53rd...they said they didn't have the trench...

Is there another Zara in the city people were seeing this fucking coat at? Union Square? 59th Street?

And how do I get that Slick Japan trench...that joint is tough.

Please help...stealing my pop's Burberry trenchie is a bit silly nowadays.

oh, the engineered garments trench is sick, btw.

i love the ripstop material. the belt is pretty high, which looks pretty cool, imo.

the sleeve ends are bevelled so that it is shorter near the thumb and longer towards the back of the hand. many many pockets. i sized down from my usual medium and it is very trim. even at full retail, it is a good value. i will crosspost here if i ever post a fit featuring said trench.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Sorry, what was that? There must be something wrong with your computer.

BUMP...good topic

I went to a few of the H&M's in the city (NYC) and they all seemed to be out of the trenches...at least 51st street and 58th street.

I just called Zara on Fifth avenue and 53rd...they said they didn't have the trench...

Is there another Zara in the city people were seeing this fucking coat at? Union Square? 59th Street?

And how do I get that Slick Japan trench...that joint is tough.

Please help...stealing my pop's Burberry trenchie is a bit silly nowadays.

They may have been confused at Zara as I believe that the word "trench" usually connotes a full-length (almost to the ankles) coat to most people. I was at Zara in Union Square (SF) last week and they had several 3/4 length coats (around knee length, or shorter)............

They may have been confused at Zara as I believe that the word "trench" usually connotes a full-length (almost to the ankles) coat to most people. I was at Zara in Union Square (SF) last week and they had several 3/4 length coats (around knee length, or shorter)............

Say no more...I'm headed there in 15 mins ha.

Okay...uhm...how much were they running...I'm gonna have to load my pockets up a lil bit more than the usual stackage I believe.

Say no more...I'm headed there in 15 mins ha.

Okay...uhm...how much were they running...I'm gonna have to load my pockets up a lil bit more than the usual stackage I believe.

The one I really liked (black, knee length, epaulets on the shoulders, thick cotton) was $180. Dunno about the rest.

The one I really liked (black, knee length, epaulets on the shoulders, thick cotton) was $180. Dunno about the rest.

I hope they had a tan one.

If not, I may have to get someone to order the Slick one from Japan...

Or cough up $500 for something by Theory...hmmmm.