Cords?

viv1984viv

502vpfc.jpg

does anyone know about apc cords from previous seasons?

im not 100 percent sure but these look like the new cure cords they have this season. i saw them in APC LA. The thing is the smallest size they have is a 29. They dont stretch and are true to size so there is no need to size down. But if you are a natural size 28, you are shit out of luck. I didnt try them on so I couldnt tell you much about the fit.

The thing I dont like about cords is that the grooves wear out when you wear them too much. Unlike denim, it doesnt age as beautifully as one would hope.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They dont stretch and are true to size so there is no need to size down.

Yes you're probably right about that.

The thing I dont like about cords is that the grooves wear out when you wear them too much. Unlike denim, it doesnt age as beautifully as one would hope.

I kind of like worn out corduroy, if it's good quality... It's like an old armchair...

• 3 weeks later...

hey, i just got some cords that are cut like jeans from uniqlo.

i can't wear jeans to work, but they didn't say anything about cords.

i am actually getting better wear from a week of wearing these than any of my jeans. i'm getting whiskers, honeycombs, fades, the whole nine. even wallet fades!

so, i have found away to satisfy my denim nerd sensibilities at work. thanks uniqlo.

• 1 month later...

I got a couple pairs of Levis 514 cords on sale for like 10 bucks at the Levis store. I like the 514 for chords, since they are slim but not tight at all. Very nice looking, decent quality, and you can't beat the price. They had blue, red, green, yellow, beige, and black, I think.

• 1 month later...

I finally answered my own question about A.P.C cords since I went to the store in Paris. They're nice, but have a silly leather belt patch that says 'Jean' in hand writing. Sizing: I'm 29-30 in A.P.C denim but 30 in cords was a bit too tight; they didn't have any 31 to try but I'm pretty sure they'd fit. Anyway I wouldn't buy them because they're not crazy long like the jeans. They're 'normally' long. And their new store felt annoyingly 'fashionable' to me, I think I preferred it when it was low-key.

That's all, thank you, good evening

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this thread but i have a question. Is there a huge quality difference when it comes to cheap or expensive cords because i cant tell easy. Uniqlo cords look nice $50 and so do apc ones (more like $150).

Forgetting about fit, which should i go for?

Also, do Wrangler do nice cords? They're denim is awesome

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

grilled chese- sorry i cant help with sizing, but id bear in mind cords dont tend to stretch like denim, so if your used to sizing down maybe think twice.

On the cords front, I was really excited by APC's cashmere jeans a while ago ( I love cashmere )... well Marks and Spencer do 95% cotton 5%cashmere cords!! yay! My favourite cords ever were Marks cords so i really intend to buy some of these cashmere ones. For 40 quid they are good value, and marks quality is high. Should lend themselves well to that Oliver Twist meets post apocalypse aesthetic?? But seriously if you have a chance check em out.

Also - for that workear look, Aero leather often have cords. Worth a look before going through proxys maybe??

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't really answer anyones question but I just recently bought a pair of Levi's Capital E cords on sale for I think $70 at Barney's in SF. It was originally $200 and marked down twice. They're called Matchstick and the cut is Slim Straight. So far I've been very happy with them.

Uniqlo cords look good initially but believe me, you get what you pay for and they dont age well in the long run, esp the darker colours. I've had them for the last 2 years and even at the price i would not cop them again.

Best cords i seen recently:

APC NS cords (in black), simply fantastic

Those amazing Lee super black cords (skinny fit cords) (if they made this in regular they would be the best on the market)

AA cords are not be bad too but again they're real skinny fit and AA is a bot dodgy anyway if you ask me.

Cheap Mondays were ok (ish) qulaity too, skinny fit tho

They need to quit with the skinny fit stuff now, some of us arent borderline eunuchs...

• 4 months later...

^^ those cords look nice, i have these brown slim fit cords from kr3w, it's not the greatest brand but the cords fit slim with a med-high rise, which is what i like. They get no wear now though because of my full nelson jeans.

Loving this thread but i have a question. Is there a huge quality difference when it comes to cheap or expensive cords because i cant tell easy. Uniqlo cords look nice $50 and so do apc ones (more like $150).

Forgetting about fit, which should i go for?

Also, do Wrangler do nice cords? They're denim is awesome

Late entry..

From my understanding, cheap cords will flake off quick. The wales will wear off and you'll start noticing "bald" spots on your pants.

But I'm sure there are much more knowledgable people here that can answer your question better though.

Try searching コール天

you might get more hits on Rakuten

I'll have to post pics of my cords here to get people's opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest patchmb

Picked up these 911b Lvc Bedford cords for summer. Very slim fit, although i sized down 1 on these as they were the only pair i could find. They are chainstitched at the hem. I have 2 jackets made of this material. 1 in this colour & a khaki 1. Pictures of them in jean jacket thread.

pic0132zx5.jpg

pic0133pp9.jpg

pic0134sy0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...