Exploitation Films / Banned Films, etc.

englandmj7

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow finally, this is definately my favourite film subgenre, ive seen most of the stuff mentioned so far and i never get to talk about them with my friends cuz they think they're creepy, haha

men behind the sun and salo are definately up there with my top picks, i spit on your grave too... anything cannibal related... the guy getting his head lopped off and brains eaten in cannibal holocaust i think was so amazing

japanese gore shit too, the guinea pig movies are all terrifying, theyre fucking crazy

england most of this stuff can be found pretty easily on bittorent.. some of the obscure stuff is tough to find seeds for tho. and mondo kims was amazing. i spent 20 minutes looking at cds before i realized they had a dvd floor and then went buckwild on exploitation movies (and ghost dog)

my personal favorite, though, in terms of any banned film, is Salo, O Le 120 Giornate Di Sodoma, Pier Paolo Pasolini's masterful retelling of De Sade's The 120 Days of Sodom. Definitely my favorite movie of all time. Track it down.

Once you get over the gore and shock of it, there is nothing good about Salo.

It doesnt even put all those acts in context, or in a proper storyline or in an entertaining manner. Unless one finds defecation consumption very interesting and entertaining.

Anyone watch 'Faces of Death'? or the 20 other volumes that followed it?

Notoriously faked and overhyped.

I recall they ended one FOD with a segment of an orchestra playing and then the floorboard collapsed and some of them fell through. FOD said deaths resulted but in actual fact there were no deaths.

FOD came out many years ago when the idea of snuff films and the idea of watching the forbidden were very much in vogue. These days, watching Jackass, while it doesnt produce deaths, is actually more entertaining. Hell, Youtube even have a clip of Irwin stabbed in the chest by the stingray, although authenticity may be in doubt. If thats' the case, who cares about FOD.

you can find better stuff on the youtube than fod, but most of it is hidden camera shit. best shit out there imho is brian wells asploding. if we're talking on any site, then some of rotten's shit gets to me.

i can't believe the animal stuff in fod is fake.

you can find better stuff on the youtube than fod, but most of it is hidden camera shit. best shit out there imho is brian wells asploding. if we're talking on any site, then some of rotten's shit gets to me.

i can't believe the animal stuff in fod is fake.

What animal stuff? Been a long time since I saw FOD.

I recall they had a segment of someone swimming in a lake and surfaced after being attacked by an alleged mutated sea creature. The lake apparently was used as some kind of chemical dumping ground according to FOD.

If this is true, the lake would probably be seized by US Military and experiments done on this sea creature. Or crazy fan boys would dive into the lake in the hope of acquiring mutated powers ala Heroes.

Salo is a film that should be watched not for its visual obscenity but for its political message, as Pasolini intended.

If you're simply talking about Salo because it features young people's tongues being cut out, then you are no better than those people who constantly complain about ugly people but who in reality are at best, a Steve Buscemi stand-in.

Salo is a film that should be watched not for its visual obscenity but for its political message, as Pasolini intended.

this is exactly why it is one of my favorite films.

how beast could say that once you get over the shock value that there is nothing

substantive in Salo is beyond me.

wow finally, this is definately my favourite film subgenre, ive seen most of the stuff mentioned so far and i never get to talk about them with my friends cuz they think they're creepy, haha

men behind the sun and salo are definately up there with my top picks, i spit on your grave too... anything cannibal related... the guy getting his head lopped off and brains eaten in cannibal holocaust i think was so amazing

japanese gore shit too, the guinea pig movies are all terrifying, theyre fucking crazy

england most of this stuff can be found pretty easily on bittorent.. some of the obscure stuff is tough to find seeds for tho. and mondo kims was amazing. i spent 20 minutes looking at cds before i realized they had a dvd floor and then went buckwild on exploitation movies (and ghost dog)

i spit on your grave, i love that movie, i still wish i had that. i picked up this book called meat is murder all about cannibalism in the movies, etc. its pretty wicked.

i still have yet to see/buy cannibal holocaust but i know its right up my alley. usually i get pretty pissed that they dont really make movies like they used to but then when you think about it, most of the stuff back then was still made in other countries.

edit: this book...

1840680407.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

how beast could say that once you get over the shock value that there is nothing

That is also the mistake made about the Marquis de Sade's books which the masses take simply to be depraved sexual stories.

What animal stuff? Been a long time since I saw FOD.

I recall they had a segment of someone swimming in a lake and surfaced after being attacked by an alleged mutated sea creature. The lake apparently was used as some kind of chemical dumping ground according to FOD.

If this is true, the lake would probably be seized by US Military and experiments done on this sea creature. Or crazy fan boys would dive into the lake in the hope of acquiring mutated powers ala Heroes.

they just show animal deaths like seal clubbing. i don't see how it's harder to get real footage of that than fake footage.

I've seen a couple of exploitation films, not as many I would've liked to though. Hard to choose a favorite from this sub genre, but The Beyond is pretty dope.

I also liked Battle Royale a lot, sick idea for a flick .. surprised nobody has mentioned it so far.

Oh yeah, and Mondo Kim's is what's up. Not only for films, but they have an extensive music collection. I used to always pick up used LPs for a couple bucks, I'm kinda glad they don't have a online store. More for me.

Oh, and a good site to download movies from is, sharethefiles.com

Get e-mule if you don't already have it, and check it out.

battle royale definately fits in here... a bunch of teenagers pitted against each other in a fight to the death? pretty exploitative if you ask me

battle royale 2 sucked balls though

oh i watched last house on the left again too... wes craven used to be so fucking cool

Guest jmatsu
I've only heard bad things about BR2, so I never bothered watching it.

Has anyone here seen Suicide Club (aka Suicide Circle)? I've been meaning to check it.

didn't care for br2. and it has come to my attention that there is even a 3.

suicide circle isn't really an exploitation film, but i generally liked it. the climax was very problematic. the end actually pissed me off.

didn't care for br2. and it has come to my attention that there is even a 3.

suicide circle isn't really an exploitation film, but i generally liked it. the climax way very problematic. the end actually pissed me off.

Want to know another shitty fact about BR?

New Line Cinema bought the rights to make a U.S. adaptation of Battle Royale to be released in 2008. Unbelievable.

Guest jmatsu
Want to know another shitty fact about BR?

New Line Cinema bought the rights to make a U.S. adaptation of Battle Royale to be released in 2008. Unbelievable.

really?

we all know this is going to suck, but i'll probably watch it if jennifer alba gets a part (i know you will too).

Well, I watched it in a cinema of about 300 to 400 people. We were all relieved it was over. No one gasped about its poliical message and how applicable and valid it is today.

for the third time i will try to post because the quick reply does not seem to be working for me right now....

the beyond was the first horror movie i actually bought with my own money. im a huge fan of lucio fulci and dario argento. reminds me of in suspiria when the girl falls into that room full of razor wire, just the images and the thought of it are very creep and disturbing. anyone else know what im talking about?